SAIC is a leading global technology integration company specializing in cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence solutions. We are committed to delivering innovative AI solutions that transform industries and empower businesses. As we embark on a large AI contract, we are seeking a talented and experienced Program Management Director to lead and grow this critical endeavor.
The Program Management Director will play a pivotal role in overseeing and managing a large Artificial Intelligence and data integration contract that has the growth potential of federating into a portfolio of of adjacent family of programs greater than $1B. This position will require exceptional leadership, project management, and technical expertise to ensure the successful execution of the program. The PM will serve as the primary interface with the customer, coordinate cross-competency teams, both internal and external suppliers, and provide direction, administration, and quality assurance throughout the project's lifecycle.
- Act as the overall lead, manager, and administrator for the AI contract program.
- Responsible for growth and development within the program and portfolio.
- Direct efforts of cross-competency teams, including contractors at multiple locations.
- Serve as the primary point of contact (POC) with customer program authorities and representatives on technical and project issues.
- Define and establish process & key positions to maximize efficiency and effectiveness in execution.
- Provide regular briefings to company leadership on program status, milestones, and challenges.
- Brief customer leadership on program status, milestones, and challanges.
- Develop and implement procedures to oversee contractor personnel project operations.
- Plan and direct the execution of contractual, technical, multi-disciplinary engineering, programming, maintenance, and administrative support efforts.
- Monitor and report progress to ensure project objectives are met.
- Manage the acquisition and allocation of project resources.
- Control financial and administrative aspects of the project to ensure it remains on budget and schedule.
- Foster a collaborative and productive work environment among project teams.
- Ability to adopt and implement best practices in the industry for IT implementation.
- Possess a minimum of an active Top Secret (TS) security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility.
- At least 10 years of Program Management experience managing large complex projects in an Data Engineering or big data environment of 1B+.
- At least 10 years of experience in managing programs/projects involving multiple subcontractors.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with eighteen (18) years of relevant experience.
- Experience with managing large scale Big Data and/or Artificial Intelligence (AI) programs.
- Possess a minimum of five years of experience managing projects utilizing nontraditional program management methodologies (e.g., Agile) in a big data environment.
- Possess a minimum of 10 years of experience in a military or other Government environment performing in a related subject area (e.g., project management, engineering, or computer science).
Possess an active certification in one of the following:
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional, PMI Program Management Professional (PgMP) certification, or equivalent program or project management certification.
- Federal Acquisition Certification for Program and Project Managers (FAC P/PM) Level 3.
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level III Program Management certification.
- Possess a Master of Business and Management (MBM), a Master of Business Administration (MBA), or a master’s degree in a related technical discipline (e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, or Electronics).
- 15 years of experience in managing a DoD/Government program in development, engineering, or IT infrastructure design.
- Proven experience managing large-scale technology projects, preferably in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
- Strong technical background and understanding of AI technologies and integration.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Experience in the technology or defense industry is advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to grow, empower, and delegate teams
Target salary range: $200,001 - $225,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.