SAIC is seeking cleared (Secret) Cybersecurity Engineers to support NAVWAR. Candidates will be responsible for providing high quality engineering support services, software engineering and cybersecurity engineering. In this role, the Cybersecurity Engineer will be an integral team member supporting assured Command and Control capabilities for our DoD customer within the Navy Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) in San Diego, CA.
This opportunity is contingent upon award news in late 2023/early 2024
The selected candidate will prepare, implement, and ensure compliance with cybersecurity policy, to include Assessment and Authorization requirements.
In addition, the Cybersecurity Engineer may also perform the following duties:
- Plan, implement, upgrade, and/or monitor cybersecurity measures to improve cyber defense and maintain a cyber-resilient network.
- Assess cybersecurity vulnerabilities for risks and propose and implement remediation actions or risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and electronic infrastructure.
- Respond to computer security breaches to re-establish protections and make required reports.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Computer, Electrical, or Electronics Engineering, or Mathematics with a concentration in computer science or equivalent.
- Four (4) years of professional experience with cybersecurity engineering.
- Information Assurance Management (IAM) or Information Assurance Technical (IAT) or Information Assurance System Architect and Engineer (IASAE) Level I (position-based) per DoD 8570.1M.
- Performing Cybersecurity risk assessments on deployed Navy systems, system functions and interconnection, to the degree sufficient to provide relevant Cybersecurity input.
- Providing recommended changes to the DoD and DON cybersecurity initiatives after evaluating the evolving changes and provide recommendations concerning priorities and identify policies affecting requirements criteria to support Navy cybersecurity goals and initiatives in order to develop and defend existing and future budgets, program plans, and policies.
- Tracking operational changes to the DoD and DON cybersecurity initiatives and provide implementation guidance and identify policies affecting cost, schedule and performance criteria to support Navy cybersecurity goals and initiatives in order to develop and defend existing and future budgets, program plans and policies.
- Enhancing the Cybersecurity strategy and governance to ensure that it is consistent with DoD and DON policies, standards, and architectures.
- Providing recommendations and assistance to the Government during engineering events and with certification related functions required by NAVWAR’s Information Assurance Technical Authority (IATA) mission.
- Evaluating cybersecurity requirements implementation across the acquisition lifecycle to make recommendations on cybersecurity risks and mitigations in support of IPTs, both internal and external to NAVWAR.
- Identifying risks associated with the development of enterprise architectures to address system of system cybersecurity designs, maximizing common and inheritable security controls in support of a defense in depth strategy through the utilization of digital engineering methods.
- Tracking cybersecurity implementation across the acquisition lifecycle to make recommendations on cybersecurity risks and mitigations in support of IPTs, SETRs, Platform Technical Review Boards (PTRBs), Configuration Control Board (CCBs), both internal and external to NAVWAR.
- Monitoring cybersecurity technical approaches to ensure consistency with the IA TA objectives.
- Experience with Symantec Endpoint Protections (SEPs), Cybersecurity Strategy, System-Level Continuous Monitoring (SLCM) strategy, System Security Accreditation Plans, and System Design Specification (SDS).
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.