Job ID: 2314012
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 26, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has a need for a Acquisition Systems Engineer to provide onsite systems engineering and technical advisory services (SETA) in a dynamic NRO System Program Office (SPO) supporting the Government customer with multiple satellite systems, both on-orbit and in development. This position will support acquisition activities for all of the SPOs major satellite programs. The job requires familiarity with NRO organization, processes, and satellite systems.
- Supports the System Program Office (SPO) in a acquisition capacity for planning, execution, monitoring, and oversight of systems acquisitions
- Assisting the Government in developing concept of operations (CONOPS) and approaches to employment of overhead systems
- Providing acquisition support to Government customer for IC and DoD programmatic processes
Developing documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, briefs Government and industry as required
- Supports Contract Officer Technical Representatives (COTRs) and Developers by coordinating with other acquisition domain SMEs and program stakeholders to develop, modify, and maintain contract documentation
- Reviewing Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) deliverables to ensure content, accuracy, and sufficiency to meet program requirements and objectives
- Participating in program reviews and technical interchange meetings between developers and COTR
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business and 10 years of NRO experience
- Master’s degree in engineering or business and 5 years of NRO experience
- Experience with how NRO systems are acquired
- Experience how space systems are designed, specified, developed, manufactured, and tested
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team building and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to be effective in a government/contractor team environment
- TS/SCI with polygraph
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.