Job ID: 2313900
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2023
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Remote
Benefits: Click here
We are seeking a passionate and skilled Senior Java Software Engineer to join our high-performing development team. You will design, implement, and maintain large scale, complex Java-based applications in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Your proficiency in Java development and adherence to best practices will ensure the delivery of high-quality, scalable, and efficient software solutions. You will collaborate with product managers, architects, and cross-functional teams to understand requirements and deliver solutions aligning with client objectives and goals.
Key Skills: JAVA, JEE, Web services (REST Based), JSON, XML
· Participate as an Agile team member to review user stories, estimate and create sprint backlogs, participate in sprint reviews, demos and retrospectives.
· Design and develop robust, scalable, java-based applications and components using Agile Methodology.
· Perform unit testing, integration testing and assist in the development of automated test cases.
· Use sound software engineering principles and best practices to ensure that developed code is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure, fault tolerant, and of high quality.
· Identify and address performance bottlenecks, security vulnerabilities, and other technical challenges.
· Use an integrated suite of DevSecOps tools to support CI/CD, automated testing, quality and security scans.
· Provide operational and maintenance support including Production deployment, smoke testing, monitoring, issue root cause analysis and resolution.
· Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline and 10+ years of functional experience of Java-based programming in an agile development environment, or 8+ years of functional experience with a Master degree in technical discipline.
· Strong experience in Java technologies and frameworks: Restful Web Services, SOAP, XML (DOM, SAX), JAX-RS, Spring (MVC, AOP, IOC), data access, web, messaging, batch, Spring Boot, JPA, ORM, Hibernate, etc.
· Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and WS* standards in addition to hands on experience coding XML Web Services using JAX* API and tools like Axis.
· Experience authoring and tuning SQL queries and stored procedures on MySQL and Oracle.
· Experience with messaging systems (i.e ActiveMQ), IDEs (i.e Intellij).
· Prior development experience on Rocky Linux, Wildfly, JBoss Application Servers, or similar.
· Understanding of DevSecOps and CI/CD principles, including automated builds, tests, and deployments and experience in using Gitlab, Jenkins Maven, Gradle, SonarQube, Tenable.
· Experience authoring and performance engineering SQL queries and stored procedures on MySQL and Oracle.
· Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with attention to fine details.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Self-starter, who enjoys moving at a fast pace with little supervision.
· AWS experience and certifications a plus
· Experience developing and/or integrating with Artificial Intelligence (ML, NLP, etc) models a plus
The candidate must be able to pass a security background check, including a credit check. The clearance is a Public Trust level. Candidates with a minimum of an active Public Trust clearance are preferred.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.