SAIC is seeking cleared (TS/SCI) Systems Engineers to support NAVWAR. Candidates will be responsible for providing high quality engineering support services, systems engineering and systems integration. In this role, the Systems Engineer will be an integral team member supporting assured Command and Control capabilities for our DoD customer within the Navy Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) in San Diego, CA.
This opportunity is contingent upon award news in late 2023/early 2024.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Integrate various network operating systems, application programs and hardware devices.
- Oversee the creation of hybrid software, web and hardware products from initial specifications to final rollout and maintenance.
- Managing the development cycle associated with producing a resilient software, hardware and web application, including: specification, design, coding, testing and maintenance.
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's level degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Four (4) years of professional experience in systems engineering.
- Experience identifying risks associated with the development and implementation of Architectures, both external and internal, for efforts in the RDT&E phase of the acquisition life cycle.
- Experience providing functional knowledge and technical support of developing enterprise architecture to support MBSE to the NOA Chief Engineer. This support shall include data structure supporting Systems Modeling Language (SySML) and development of integration with current data models and tools in use.
- Experience monitoring and tracking the as-is Architectures, which includes fielded and programmed architectures focused on programs, projects, and their interfaces, both external and internal.
- Experience monitoring, maintaining, enhancing and managing all system (software/hardware/network/configuration and data management) operations and system administration, integration, and data transfer for modeling and simulation tools, architecture tools, and data repositories within the Naval Integrated Modeling Environment (IME).
- Experience developing target architectures for platforms, enclaves, and systems based on Defense in Depth Information Assurance Functional Architecture (DFIA) by leveraging MBSE for efforts in the RDT&E phase of the acquisition life cycle
- Experience developing roadmaps for S&T, and provide forecasted systems and capabilities for integration into forward-looking views of the Navy’s Enterprise Architecture (EA), including Target Architecture.
- Experience providing input in the review and analysis of Acquisition Engineering documentation for programs in the RDT&E lifecycle, e.g., DoDAF Artifacts, Symantec Endpoint Protections (SEPs), Cybersecurity Strategy, System-Level Continuous Monitoring (SLCM) strategy, System Security Accreditation Plans, and System Design Specification (SDS), Human System Integration (HSI) requirements and plans, System test and quality assurance plans to include TEMPs, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) plans, Software Development and Software Management Plans.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.