SAIC is seeking cleared (Secret) Human System Integration Engineers to support NAVWAR. Candidates will conduct integrated and comprehensive analysis, design and assessment of requirements, concepts and resources across seven domains of manpower, personnel, training, human factors engineering, habitability, survivability, and environment, occupational health and safety. In this role, the Human System Integration Engineer will be an integral team member supporting assured Command and Control capabilities for our DoD customer within the Navy Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) in San Diego, CA.
This opportunity is contingent upon award news in late 2023/early 2024.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors and eight (8) years or more experience
- ABET Accredited BS Degree from ABET recognized engineering curriculum. Examples include: ME / EE / IE / CSE. OR
- BS Degree in physical science, engineering, or mathematics that includes 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics. Examples include: Applied Math, Applied Physics, Operational Research, Modeling and Simulation, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Naval Architecture.
- Six (6) years of experience in Government related R&D, T&E, and systems acquisition programs.
- Four (4) years of relevant HSI engineering experience in at least 3 of the areas listed below:
a. Comparative multi-domain HSI engineering analysis, impact assessments, trade-off studies of complex systems.
b. HSI design, installation, integration, and test support either in a laboratory or direct applications.
c. Design documentation/specification development.
d. HSI test planning and test procedures development, test conduct, analysis, and reporting.
e. HSI-related engineering requirements, performance and risk analysis.
f. Applying engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test or evaluate systems.
g. Applying engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition, training, and resource management.
h. Conducting Task Analyses (e.g., Mission Task Analysis, Top-Down Functional Analysis, Critical Task Analysis).
- Experience developing mitigation plans, corrective actions, and contingencies for risks identified during Cyber Risk Assessments and Penetration Testing.
- Experience evaluating independent cybersecurity technical assessments for cyber risk, software assurance, penetration testing, and other related cybersecurity testing.
- Experience conducting tests, evaluate results, and develop reports (quick-look, final test, and lessons learned) and present findings and conclusions for DON laboratory testing of systems, software, tools, and products.
- Experience investigating and tracking approved written testing procedures for all software testing, including computer program test plan/software test plan, computer program test specification and generation of the computer program test report/software test report.
- Experience conducting tests, evaluate results, and develop reports pertaining to the Cyber test and Evaluation requirements for the testing of systems, software, and cyber analysis tools.
- Experience dealing with the application of information on physical and psychological characteristics to the design of devices and systems for human use, with the objective to reduce total ownership cost while optimizing total mission performance.
- Experience conducting engineering and technical efforts for the Cyber test and Evaluation requirements that include testing of systems, software, and cyber analysis tools.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.