SAIC is seeking cleared (Secret) Software Engineers to support NAVWAR. Candidates will research, design, and develop computer and network software or specialized utility programs. In this role, the Software Engineer will be an integral team member supporting assured Command and Control capabilities for our DoD customer within the Navy Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) in San Diego, CA.
This opportunity is contingent upon award news in late 2023/early 2024.
Candidate should be able to:
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Update or enhance existing software capabilities.
- Work with other functional disciplines (e.g., project management, acquisition, logistics, security, etc.) to integrate hardware and software systems, develop specifications, and performance requirements.
- Maintain databases within an application area.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as engineering or mathematics (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information Systems)
- Four (4) years of professional experience with software engineering.
- Experience with applying programming concepts in a professional or academic setting.
- Experience with applying modern software development methodologies (e.g. agile, DEVOPS/DEVSECOPS) in a professional or academic setting.
- Experience identifying risks associated with the development of enterprise architectures to address system of system cybersecurity designs, maximizing common and inheritable security controls in support of a defense in depth strategy through the utilization of digital engineering methods (e.g. model based systems engineering) for efforts in the RDT&E phase of the acquisition life cycle.
- Experience encrypting all CUI when stored on authorized mobile computing devices (e.g., laptops and personal digital assistants, and compact disks) or authorized removable storage media such as thumb drives and compact disks, IAW NIST SP 800-171 and NIST Cryptographic Standards and Guidelines.
- Experience screening all electronic deliverables or electronically provided information for malicious code using DoD approved anti-virus software prior to delivery to the Government. The Contractor shall utilize appropriate controls (firewalls, password protection, encryption, digital certificates, etc.) at all times to protect contract related information processed, stored or transmitted on the Contractor’s and Government’s computers/servers to ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation.
- Experience ensuring Data-at-Rest is required on all portable electronic devices including storage of all types.
- Agile Developer certification or Certified Scrum Developer certification.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.