SAIC is seeking cleared (Secret) Software Engineers to support NAVWAR. Candidates will research, design, and develop computer and network software or specialized utility programs. In this role, the Software Engineer will be an integral team member supporting assured Command and Control capabilities for our DoD customer within the Navy Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) in San Diego, CA.
This opportunity is contingent upon award news in late 2023/early 2024.
As a key member of our team, you must be able to:
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Update or enhance existing software capabilities.
- Work with other functional disciplines (e.g., project management, acquisition, logistics, security, etc.) to integrate hardware and software systems, develop specifications, and performance requirements.
- Maintain databases within an application area.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as engineering or mathematics (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information Systems)
- Four (4) years of professional experience with software engineering.
- Experience with applying programming concepts in a professional or academic setting.
- Experience with applying modern software development methodologies (e.g. agile, DEVOPS/DEVSECOPS) in a professional or academic setting.
- Agile Developer certification or Certified Scrum Developer certification.
- Experience developing internal OPSEC program specific to the task order and based on NAVWAR/NIWC Atlantic/NIWC Pacific OPSEC requirements. At a minimum, the Contractor’s program shall identify the current NAVWAR/NIWC Atlantic/NIWC Pacific site OPSEC Officer/Coordinator.
- Experience providing to the government, a system security plan (or extract thereof) and any associated plans of action developed to satisfy the adequate security requirements of DFARS 252.204-7012, and in accordance with NIST Special Publication (SP) 800-171, “Protecting Controlled Unclassified Information in Nonfederal Systems and Organizations”.
- Provide the government with access to the system security plan(s) (or extracts thereof) and any associated plans of action for each of the Contractor’s tier one level subcontractor(s), vendor(s), and/or supplier(s), and the subcontractor’s tier one level subcontractor(s), vendor(s), and/or supplier(s), who process, store, or transmit covered defense information associated with the execution and performance of this contract. System Security Plan and Associated Plans of Action for a Contractor’s Internal Unclassified Information System.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.