SAIC is seeking cleared (Secret) Human System Integration Engineers to support NAVWAR. Candidates will conduct integrated and comprehensive analysis, design and assessment of requirements, concepts and resources across seven domains of manpower, personnel, training, human factors engineering, habitability, survivability, and environment, occupational health and safety. In this role, the Human System Integration Engineer will be an integral team member supporting assured Command and Control capabilities for our DoD customer within the Navy Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) in San Diego, CA.
This opportunity is contingent upon award news in late 2023/early 2024.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors and eight (8) years or more experience
- ABET Accredited BS Degree from ABET recognized engineering curriculum. Examples include: ME / EE / IE / CSE. OR
- BS Degree in physical science, engineering, or mathematics that includes 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics. Examples include: Applied Math, Applied Physics, Operational Research, Modeling and Simulation, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Naval Architecture.
- Six (6) years of experience in Government related R&D, T&E, and systems acquisition programs.
- Four (4) years of relevant HSI engineering experience in at least 3 of the areas listed below:
a. Comparative multi-domain HSI engineering analysis, impact assessments, trade-off studies of complex systems.
b. HSI design, installation, integration, and test support either in a laboratory or direct applications.
c. HSI test planning and test procedures development, test conduct, analysis, and reporting.
d. HSI-related engineering requirements, performance and risk analysis.
e. Applying engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test or evaluate systems.
f. Applying engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition, training, and resource management.
- Experience with Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) System Architecture documents including: Operational Viewpoints (OVs), Systems Viewpoints (SVs), Technical Standards Views (TVs) and Information Support Plans (ISP).
- Experience with Symantec Endpoint Protections (SEPs), Cybersecurity Strategy, System-Level Continuous Monitoring (SLCM) strategy, System Security Accreditation Plans, and System Design Specification (SDS).
- Experience with System test and quality assurance plans to include TEMPs, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) plans, Software Development and Software Management Plans.
- Experience with Interface requirements to include definitive interface specifications, interface agreements and/or drawings. Interface requirements may include: electrical, physical, information flow, information control and information format characteristics.
- Experience with conducting integrated and comprehensive analysis, design and assessment of requirements, concepts and resources across seven domains of manpower, personnel, training, human factors engineering, habitability, survivability, and environment, occupational health and safety.
- Experience with the development and update of AoAs determinations in support of program milestone requirements.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.