SAIC is seeking cleared (Secret) Human System Integration Engineers to support NAVWAR. Candidates will conduct integrated and comprehensive analysis, design and assessment of requirements, concepts and resources across seven domains of manpower, personnel, training, human factors engineering, habitability, survivability, and environment, occupational health and safety. In this role, the Human System Integration Engineer will be an integral team member supporting assured Command and Control capabilities for our DoD customer within the Navy Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) in San Diego, CA.
This opportunity is contingent upon award news in late 2023/early 2024.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors and eight (8) years or more experience
- ABET Accredited BS Degree from ABET recognized engineering curriculum. Examples include: ME / EE / IE / CSE, or BS Degree in physical science, engineering, or mathematics that includes 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics. Examples include: Applied Math, Applied Physics, Operational Research, Modeling and Simulation, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Naval Architecture.
- Six (6) years of experience in Government related R&D, T&E, and systems acquisition programs.
- Four (4) years of relevant HSI engineering experience in at least 2 of the areas listed below.
- Comparative multi-domain HSI engineering analysis, impact assessments, trade-off studies of complex systems.
- HSI design, installation, integration, and test support either in a laboratory or direct applications.
- Design documentation/specification development.
- HSI test planning and test procedures development, test conduct, analysis, and reporting.
- HSI-related engineering requirements, performance and risk analysis.
- Applying engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test or evaluate systems.
- Applying engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition, training, and resource management.
- Conducting Task Analyses (e.g., Mission Task Analysis, Top-Down Functional Analysis, Critical Task Analysis).
- Design, installation, integration, and test support either in a laboratory or operational systems.
- Understand Naval operations from unit level through operational staff and headquarters planning.
- Experience reviewing, assessing, and providing advice in the development of engineering processes for programs and projects and other enterprise initiatives for efforts in the RDT&E phase of the acquisition life cycle.
- Experience developing, reviewing and publishing of architectures, standards, competency development models.
- Experience performing analysis, conducting surveys, and compiling statistics and information necessary to prepare reports, briefings, correspondence, messages and memoranda that support alignment with desired End State Framework.
- Experience identifying risks associated with the development and implementation Architectures, both external and internal.
- Experience identifying risks associated with the development and implementation of SoS interface management control processes and products to document interface standards, controlling parameters, and interface agreements.
- Experience providing functional knowledge and technical support of developing enterprise architecture to support MBSE. This includes supporting Systems Modeling Language (SySML) and development of integration with current data models and tools.
- Experience evaluating cybersecurity technical approaches to support design and development efforts.
- Experience observing and documenting cybersecurity evaluations throughout the requirements, engineering, testing, and development phases of acquisition.
- Experience developing and presenting IATA artifacts.
- Experience identifying cybersecurity risks supporting enterprise architectures to address system of system cybersecurity designs, maximizing common and inheritable security controls in support of a defense in depth strategy through the utilization of digital engineering methods.
- Experience developing engineering technical reports, analysis, briefings, and meeting minutes related to IATA responsibilities, SoS and Capability analysis, Cloud Security Development capabilities, Trusted Security and Networks (TSN) and Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM), and Industrial Control System (ICS) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA).
- Experience supporting the development of a Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP), IV&V, S&T Roadmaps.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.