Software Developer in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or providing complex enhancements to existing software. Works with technical staff to understand and to develop resolution of software operational and transformational activities. Successful candidate will have experience with multiple languages (including Java, Python, Ruby) and web frameworks (including Spring and Rails) as well as big data systems.
• Modernizes legacy Java, Ruby, and Python code as part of the migration to a cloud-based computing environment.
• Must be comfortable working with software developers to identify and resolve defects.
• Experience working with GitHub, Jira and Confluence.
• Assists with the transition of existing batch processing systems to a near-real time streaming pipeline.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
• Identifies and resolves complex hardware/software interface issues.
• Test and documents performance benchmarks and metrics for developed software.
• Designs and implements cloud-native data processing capabilities using tools such as Hadoop, Hive, and other big data software.
• Supports the design and development of a large scale structured search system
• Works with a cross functional team of developers, QA, devops, and security to develop, deliver, and sustain a complex production system.
• Experience with Linux-based systems and shell scripting.
• Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
• Experience with application development and deployments with Amazon Web Services.
• Experience analyzing large volumes of complex structured and unstructured data.
• Experience with Hadoop, Hive, and other big data processing technologies.
• Experience developing batch data processing pipelines.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.