Job ID: 2313580
Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Date Posted: Nov 28, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
The qualified applicant will support the Space Security and Defense Program (SSDP) – Threat Assessment Division (TAD) located in Colorado Springs, CO & Reston, VA.
The applicant will support the technical analysis, characterization, and evaluation of adversary threat to U.S. operations in and from the space domain. Efforts will involve research and integration of information derived from intelligence and other sources to understand threat architectures, component system functions, operations, operational environments, and dependencies to identify limitations, vulnerabilities, and opportunities for mitigation.
The individual will plan, prepare, conduct, and present Target Systems Analysis (TSA), Critical Factors Analysis (CFA), and/or Center of Gravity (CoG) Analysis using system data from intelligence, internal studies, and/or threat models. The expert will apply a full range of methodological tools and approaches to break down threats into critical elements, then assess, compare, and rank systems, functions, and nodes according to analysis and comparisons of prospective impacts that would likely result from effects intended to deny, degrade, disrupt, deceive, and destroy such elements. quantify and compare implications for mitigation efforts applied to the different elements, and provide justifiable recommendations for further development as part of US protection initiatives.
The individual will be expected to collaborate with a team of intelligence professionals, scientific and technical SMEs, and other researchers as well as civil servants and active-duty military professionals to standardize and synchronize CFA efforts within the division and contribute to external partner efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Full-time on-site support
· Develop, coordinate, execute, and refine critical factors analysis processes and templates for use by the Division
· Conduct TSA, CFA, and/or CoG analysis and production associated with adversary space systems, capabilities, forces, and operations
· Lead and participate in system and/or architecture decomposition and target analysis activities
· Lead TSA Working Groups. Provide subject matter expertise on analytic processes and methodologies.
· Produce written reports that compare and contrast attack surfaces and recommend options that most effectively enhance protection of US space systems and services
· Must be a U.S citizen.
· Must possess an active Top Secret (TS) clearance with SCI eligibility and be able to obtain a polygraph. An existing polygraph is desired.
· Bachelor’s Degree’s degree in a related field from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the US Department of Education or equivalent work experience. A technical degree is desired. Must have at least nine years of total experience,
· 3 – 10 years of experience, preferably in TSA, CFA and/or CoG analysis, particularly as applied to adversary weapon system architectures or kill chains.
· 3 – 10 years experience with space architecture design & vulnerability analysis (Preferred: at least a portion of the experience within the last two years).
· Demonstrates ability to lead cross-domain technical teams to include Intelligence Researchers, Domain SMEs, and Technical Engineers.
· Demonstrates ability to define problems, supervise studies and lead surveys to collect and analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.