Job ID: 2313579
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC’s National Security and Space Sector is seeking a Space Innovation Engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services to a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based on space, in the air, and on the ground.
• Support the identification, investment, adoption, and delivery of innovative commercial technology solutions, understanding how to translate phenomenology into intelligence value
• Identify and match emerging and “ready-soon” technologies to customer mission area technology gaps
• Provide technical review and assessment of high-payoff technology development and readiness activities, craft technology transition plans
• Facilitate collaboration and systems engineering across a diverse industry and government team to include small commercial startup companies new to the space market
• Provide support to acquisition, programmatic, and source selection processes to include budget, schedule, contract, and security actions; define requirements and specifications; support engineering change proposal preparation
• Design and maintain outreach information via multiple communication methods including print, electronic, and interactive media, coordinate with organizational stakeholders
• Attend Space focused conferences to perform outreach activities
• Plan and recommend conferences and outreach advertising budget
• Develop documents and briefings to communicate program/project status and to brief government as required
• Current TS/SCI clearance with Poly
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline with 14+ years experience, or equivalent work experience; strong desire to learn new technologies and practical applications
• 5 years of IC engineering, project management, or program office experience
• Familiarity with U.S. Government or commercial space domain
• Strong interpersonal skills with effective technical writing and briefing skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and energetic environment
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications and SharePoint
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.