Job ID: 2313335
Location: MACDILL AFB, FL, United States
Date Posted: Nov 30, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking to fill a System Integration Engineer position to provide support to the Headquarters, U.S. Central Command on MacDill AFB in Tampa, Florida. The engineer is responsible for surveying, designing, integrating, implementing, testing, and documenting computer systems for worldwide enterprise-class networks in support of the USCENTCOM mission.
The integration engineer will be responsible for advancing the enterprise design to include Data Center upgrades, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, SAN, MS and CISCO based systems upgrades. This includes testing, documentation, and integration of end-user compute with the enterprise, ensuring compatibility with existing COTS and GOTS applications.
The integration engineer will be responsible for tier-three operations escalation support during break/fix situations involving the workstation baseline. The integration engineer may support patching, upgrading, and securing the image for regular update releases into production.
The integration engineer will also support other engineering activities and projects in a very diverse and fast-paced test and integration environment. General duties will include:
· Plans, implements, tests, documents, and maintains solutions to total systems or subsystems using internally created and/or commercial off-the-shelf products
· Prepares engineering plans and site installation technical design packages
· Coordinates the analysis, acquisition and installation of hardware and software
· Gathers and analyzes data to support the development of system requirements
· Provides post-installation and integration support to the operations team
· Develops work plans, procedures, and estimates as they relate to systems integration tasks and team members
· Interfaces with various team members to implement tasks according to the project management schedule
· Researches, evaluates, and recommends systems, equipment, and technologies to meet system requirements
· Develops technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs, and other systems integration related documents
Desired Education and Skills:
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.