Job ID: 2313153
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 2, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Data Center oversight SETA, with strong verbal and written communication skills, to assist a government customer with the oversight of a data center support services contract. The successful applicant will exhibit flexibility in task execution, provide technical expertise on local site requirements, deliver continuity of effort coordination, and demonstrate value-added judgment while advising local and remote government customers on site activities.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The successful candidate must be able to:
· Produce recommendations and deliverables in a thorough, practical, and consistent manner congruent with the organization's objectives
· Facilitate customer focused IT infrastructure provisioning
· Oversee the management of planning, allocation, and utilization of Power, Space, and Cooling (P/S/C) resources
· Review, provide feedback, and implement enterprise data center directives, processes, and procedures
· Develop and manage site-level P/S/C metrics development and data distribution to stakeholders
· Coordinate Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) with Acquisition Offices and systems owners to facilitate requirements analysis
· Review and comment on Request For Changes (RFCs) that impact the data center’s P/S/C resources, and communicate those impacts
· Assist with the shaping, development, and documentation of data center project funding requests
· Assist with planning data center renovation and upgrade activities
· Provide written and oral project-level briefings to stakeholders
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.