This is a fully remote position.
SAIC has a need for a Senior Model Based Systems Engineer (MBSE) supporting the Army’s science and technology initiatives in Huntsville, AL. The successful candidate will use Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) tools and techniques to support Open Systems Architecture approaches.
- Working closely with senior systems engineers as part of a multi-disciplinary Government team providing technical support to integration of autonomy software solutions for demonstration of multi-aircraft teamed operations.
- Working alongside senior system engineers to provide software integration and deployment support to multiple industry partners as each moves from systems architecture through to implementation.
- Working alongside senior system engineers to provide technical oversight for the integration of the industry team’s software onto industry and/or Government owned computing hardware within a series of systems integration laboratories.
- Working alongside senior system engineers to assist multiple industry teams define applicable software and network interfaces which consider limits of data transport, data distribution, and computing platforms onboard and between teams of aviation platforms in adverse tactical environments.
- Providing technical support for integration of software into the mission computing hardware on each test platform in support of hardware-in-the-loop and flight test events.
- Providing technical support to the industry team’s use of the Government’s configuration control and version management tools.
- Providing technical support during the conduct of software-in-the-loop, hardware-in-the-loop, modeling and simulation and flight test events at contractor sites and Government test ranges.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; four (4) additional years of experience are accepted in lieu of a degree.
- An Interim Secret Clearance is required to begin employment; a Secret Security Clearance is required to maintain employment.
- Familiarity with edge or embedded computing environments and the Linux operating system, IP networking, communication protocols.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and model-based systems engineering.
- Familiarity with use of software architectures and best practices for modular open systems.
- An MS in engineering or computer science, experience with use of software in languages such as C++, Python.
- Unmanned aircraft systems integration experience, autonomy or robotics integration experience.
- Experience with integration of software intensive systems using modular open systems designs.
- Experience with agile methods, use of DevSecOps and associated tool chains.
- Experience with edge or embedded computing environments and the Linux operating system.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.