SAIC is seeking a Cleared Principal SATCOM Systems Engineer to provide high quality systems engineering oversight, documentation support, design review, supporting a Navy SATCOM capability for our DoD customer within Program Executive Office, Command, Control, Computers, Communications, and intelligence (PEO C4I) in San Diego, CA.
NOTE: This position is on site.
This position will work with the Special Projects Lead and Assistant Program Manager for Science and Technology to research and provide formal and informal reports on technologies and capabilities of interest to PMW/A 170. The Contractor shall support development of all data calls, prepare briefs, and advise external organizations for all PMW/A 170 communications issues.
- Meet with industry partners and vendors to understand their company’s offerings on which could benefit PMW/A 170 systems.
- Provide systems engineering services to support the research, design, development, integration, certification, and future planning for PMW/A 170 programs, initiatives, and capabilities.
- Analyze required system capabilities to determine integration requirements and define challenges and develop plans to address requirements.
- Use operational experience and technical expertise to collaborate with the Functional Team Lead for assessing requirements, designing, executing, developing, and integrating technical solutions .
- Interface with various levels of program leadership: project managers, task and functional leaders, and product owners.
- Address diverse sets of issues related to end-to end tactical communications connectivity, and end-to-end satellite communications connectivity as applied in a military (primarily naval) operational environment.
- Facilitate or provide technical representation at IPTs, Program Reviews and working groups for PMW/A 170. Answer routine engineering and technical questions during meetings and coordinate input and activities as needed to close action items.
- Draft program briefings, executive summaries, white papers/issue papers, Trade Studies, reports as needed and be targeted to specific audience, based on rank/level.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD and 4 years related experience.
- US Citizen with an active Secret clearance and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- Must possess excellent writing and verbal skills and email etiquette.
- Must be a proactive self-starter, work well independently and with teams in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with communications and GPS and non-GPS navigation theory
- Experience with communications link margin analysis
- Experience with modulation and coding theory
- Experience with electromagnetic propagation
- Experience with systems theory
- Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) electronic devices, interference removal technology and anti-jam modem technology, digital intermediate frequency technology, phased array antennas, and solid-state physics
- Experience with GPS signal in space protection and alternate non-GPS navigation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, to include Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio.
- Experience with Navy SATCOM systems to include FDMA, TDMA, MF-TDMA, DSSS, FHSS and CDMA.
- Experience with networking protocols.
- Experience with the DoD Acquisition Life Cycle including experience with Systems Engineering design reviews.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.