SAIC is seeking an IT Service Desk Analyst to support the Navy's Service Management, Integration and Transport Program (SMIT) at Naval Base San Diego in San Diego, CA.
- This is a rotating-shift, 24/7 operation in a call center environment
- Must be able to work an 8 hour shift within the 1st, 2nd and/or 3rd shift options; shift option times vary
- Weekends and Holidays possible based on client needs
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates as the initial point of contact for customers via telephone, email or live chat to provide technical support of hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications
- Assists end-users/customers in resolving their IT issues accurately and promptly
- Takes detailed notes of the problem the user is experiencing, determines steps they can take to resolve the issue, and manages the flow of incoming support requests
- Interacts with the end-user to resolve the user's technical issues
- Remotely accesses the user's computer and making changes to their system and settings by navigating around application menus, or may be required to remote into customer's computer to fix an issue. In other cases, the service desk analyst walks the user through steps they can take to resolve the issue on their own
- Troubleshoots network connectivity issues, working with remote employees on a corporate network
- Develops and sustains a productive customer relationship, making the customer and their needs a primary focus
- May escalate complex problems to higher-level IT support specialists and experts if they are unable to resolve the issue on their own
- Provides supervisors or specialists with notes regarding the problem, steps they have already taken to resolve the issue, and their diagnosis of the user's problem
- Supports users by performing system tests and updates after they complete their troubleshooting and necessary repairs
- Supports department-wide operations by supporting the creation, editing, and maintenance of IT documents
High School Diploma/GED and 1+ years of IT support experience; education accepted in lieu of experience
- Ability to solve technical issues via telephone, email, and chat
- Ability to learn customer support processes and techniques
- Ability to work well with all teammates and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills, and excellent customer service
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Must have one current DoD 8570 IAT Level I certification
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance (US Citizenship required). Able to start once Interim Secret is granted
Target salary range: $25,001 - $50,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.