SAIC is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer to provide support to SAIC combat vehicle contracts in Sterling Heights Michigan. This position is Hybrid-Remote.
- Serves as the Lead Systems Engineer for a program team.
- Uses a broad range of Systems Engineering principles to lead the execution and delivery of systems engineering work products
- Applying systems engineering processes, methods and tools over an entire project/product lifecycle of hardware and software programs.
- Specific areas of responsibility include: stakeholder and mission needs development, concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, alternative analysis, system architect development, system design and analysis, interface and data architecture definition, system integration, system and operational performance analysis, validation and verification planning, lifecycle cost analysis and estimation, decision analysis and resolution, risk management and providing systems engineering leadership in program and technical reviews
- Leads systems engineering efforts on complex projects/products, and execute several program efforts simultaneously.
- Conduct a range of modeling, simulation, and analysis in areas such as operational mission scenarios, maneuvers, and situational awareness
- Develop and mature analysis system and software tools
- Provide technical expertise in the modeling and analysis of military vehicle systems and their broader system-of-systems architectures
- Conduct trade studies and comparative performance assessments of system and architecture alternatives to inform customer investment decisions and recommendations
- Apply model-based system engineering (MBSE) to define system functions and develop functional and performance requirements
- Apply model-based system engineering (MBSE) to develop architectural views using DoDAF/MODAF (UPDM) and Systems Modeling Language (SysML)
- Analyze MBSE models to derive mission threads and use cases to aid in system-level verification planning
- Lead subject matter experts, stakeholders, and customers throughout the process of developing and coordinating system level specifications
- Identify proposed changes to technical baseline documents (i.e., interface documents, specifications documents, architecture products)
- Prepare and present engineering analysis, gaps, and recommendations to senior leadership and/or design reviews
- Prepare system and design review packages
- Develop and implement metrics to measure product quality and development performance
Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and fifteen (15) years or more experience; four (4) years of experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience using Cameo Enterprise Architect, Rational Rhapsody, Sparx Enterprise Architect, or other comparable tools
- Experience with MATLAB, STK, AFSIM, Simulink, Model Center, or other comparable modeling and simulation tools
- Experience with Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements Systems (DOORS), Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), and Systems Modeling Language (SysML).
- Demonstrated leadership in technical reviews including SRR/SRR/PDR/CDR/TRR
- Strong technical background in vehicle and robotic mechanics and dynamics
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework Environment (SAFe)
- Experience or familiarity with various analytical and decisions aid tools (e.g. MatLab, Aras Innovator, STK, etc.)
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaborate in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented environment
- At least 15 years with vehicle product development and industry practices experience.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain an Interim DOD Secret clearance prior to start date.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.