Job ID: 2312816
Location: REMOTE WORK, CO, United States
Date Posted: Sep 20, 2023
Subcategory: Instr Sys Design
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career-oriented Project Learning Engineer to support a new Air Force program. This full-time job is 100% remote.
This candidate will demonstrate foundational knowledge and education in proven theoretical learning models and methods, educational paradigms and instructional approaches, and scientific and analytical methods within the learning ecosystem. Functionally, will apply instructional systems design processes, as well as front-end and back-end training assessment and analytics in support of the Air Force/Space Force. May provide instructional services infrequently.
In this role you will:
· Directly work with other project ISDs within this small, agile team using instructional system design processes, as well as collaborate and work cross-functionally with other learning/training professionals, engineers, and product owners to help meet deliverables and achieve program goals.
· Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the application of cognitive science for learning, for example auditory and visual processing, information retrieval, memory, and cognitive load.
· Apply adult learning principles (e.g., Mayer's multimedia principles, Gagne's nine events, Kirkpatrick evaluation, Bloom’s Taxonomy, etc.) to the design and development of all products, within the model of instructional design.
· Design and develop instruction and training materials package, including but not limited to slide presentations, classroom activities, handouts, instructor guides, user guides, quick reference guides, etc.
· Establish approach to assist with effectively sustaining all products included within the training materials package.
· Conduct technical deep dive reviews and perform training content analysis for finding and fixing defects to ensure all content and materials remain relevant.
· Collaborate with other learning professionals using instructional design processes to create, modify, and sustain lesson plan and delivery.
· Teach courses/classes specific to myLearning/myTraining systems and related peripheral applications to Airmen and Guardians periodically.
· May perform other technical writing outside of training to support the broader effort of the program if required.
· May assist in the help desk resolution process.
· Perform other duties as required.
Required Education, Certifications, Expertise, Years of Experience:
· Bachelor's and ten (10) years experience, or relevant years of experience in lieu of degree.
· Demonstrated proficiency in areas related to training, content development, and instructional systems design with managing, assessing, and updating instructor-led or multimedia courseware.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other learning/training team members in the training development process.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Competency in MS Office Suite and other ISD-related tools.
· Must be a US Citizen and currently possess a Secret Security Clearance, or ability to obtain.
Desired Education, Certifications, Expertise, Years of Experience:
· Masters-level degree in curriculum and instruction or relatable degree with eight (8) years of work in training, educational content development, or instructional systems design.
· Prior experience working within the Moodle environment and compatible peripherals that interface, along with a functional understanding of SCORM, xAPI, and contemporary e-learning authoring tools, is significantly beneficial.
· Prior experience designing educational products in a federal government contract environment a plus.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.