Job ID: 2312830
Location: SCOTT AFB, IL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 15, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: IT Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
The National Security Customer Group of SAIC is seeking a System Engineer to support an IT Service Management effort for USTRANSCOM located at Scott Air Force Base (AFB) in Illinois. The USTC Managed Information Technology Services (MITS) contract is intended to provide strategic, technical, and program management guidance and support services to facilitate the operations and modernization of the combatant command’s infrastructure, systems, and applications. This support will be provided to the USTC Command, Control, Communications & Cyber Systems Directorate (TCJ6). The successful candidate will system engineering work to maintain, configure, and reliably operate network servers, server virtualization systems, laptops, desktops, VDI, and supporting software/hardware.
This position is for Monday through Friday, normal business hours. However, employee may be required to provide after-hours and weekend support during planned or emergency events.
· Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure
· Installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
· Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
· Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
· Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
· Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
· Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
· Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
· System vulnerability remediation and reporting.
· System configuration and compliance
· Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows based environments.
· Conduct high-level root-cause analysis of service interruptions and establish preventative measures.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience or 9 years of experience in lieu of degree
· One of these IAT Level II certifications: Security+, CECCNA-Security, CySA+ **, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP
· A Computing Environment (CE) certification or certificate for the technical area of responsibility in either Network support/defense (e.g., Splunk, Cisco, McAfee, etc.) OR (e.g., Microsoft, Linux, Solaris, etc.)
· Active Secret Clearance; Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI
· Must possess competencies in installation, service design, and support in an environment that uses Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016.
· Experience with Azure or AWS Cloud Environments.
· Experience with Linux.
· Experience with production environments.
· Solid troubleshooting skills and demonstrated ability of end-to-end problem management and ownership.
· Working knowledge of authentication functions and protocols such as LDAP, Kerberos, and Active Directory.
· Conceptual knowledge of Storage systems (SAN/NAS).
· Any of the following IT certifications are also desirable for this position: MCP, CompTIA A+ / Network+ / Security+, AWS, Azure
· ITIL Foundations (v3 or higher) certification
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.