SAIC is seeking an experienced Agile Release Train Engineer Lead on our VA T4NG Consolidated Corporate Support Services (CCSS) contract within The Department of Veterans Affairs Corporate Portfolio's Acquisition & Property Management (APM) Product Line on the new Forms and Publications Modernization delivery effort to support the migration and integration of complex software systems to the VA's Enterprise Cloud enclaves (AWS and Azure) including on-premises private cloud infrastructures.
- Facilitate program level processes and execution, drive continuous development, manage risks and escalate impediments while also acting as a full-time chief scrum master for a
- Delivery in an Agile, Lean, SAFe-based environment utilizing DevSecOps, ARTs, CI/CD, and related processes, methodologies, and concepts.
- Knowledge of sourcing, warehouse management, inventory management, order/requisition management, and distribution business processes in supply chain management (SCM).
- Experience in designing, configuring, testing, and implementing on-premise or cloud web-based supply chain management solutions.
- Experience in using supply chain management solutions such as Dynamic 365 Finance & Operations (FO), SCM module, and Oracle Fusion Cloud SCM.
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the Agile Release Train (ART) using various tools, such as the Program and Solution Kanbans and other information radiators.
- Establish and communicate the calendars for Product Line (PL) Iterations and Program Increments (PIs).
- Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process which drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning events.
- Summarize Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency.
- Assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities.
- Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics; where necessary Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets.
- Help manage risks and dependencies.
- Escalate and track impediments.
- Provide input on staffing and resourcing to address critical bottlenecks.
- Encourage collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects/Engineers.
- Work with Product Line Management, Product Owners/PMs, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Improve the flow of value through value streams by improving and assessing the practices associated with DevSecOps and Release-on-Demand in the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Pipeline.
- Help drive the Lean User Experience (UX) innovation cycle; Work with and support the UX Lead.
- Facilitate System Demos and Solution Demos.
- Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt working sessions; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them improve.
- Maintain a solid understanding of the security infrastructure required for deploying secure, scalable and reliable applications, while routinely conducting preventive and adaptive maintenance to increase security, performance, and reliability.
- Understanding of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GIT, AWS/Azure DevOps tools and Pipelines, CloudFormation, Terraform, Artifactory, etc.
- Ability to easily build new relationships and proactively establish a variety of contacts across the client’s and our own internal organization.
- Partner with engineering and product managers to ensure business requirements are supported by corresponding technical requirements and infrastructure.
- Implement big visible charts to graphically present key metrics and measures that keep teams focused on what needs their attention and to promote transparency.
- Routinely stress test your processes and systems to ensure resiliency and recovery, and to expose weakness in both infrastructure and applications.
- RTE experience within value streams at the product/product line/program/portfolio levels.
- Government contract delivery experience in an Agile delivery environment.
- Knowledge of DevOps Engineering Processes and Operations & Management (O&M).
- Skillsets must include mastery/certification in the following key areas:
- Agile, Kanban, Scrum, and SAFe
- Project and Program Management
- Demonstrated RTE experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects, including legacy, COTS/GOTS, and modernization.
- Experience with other Application Lifecycle Management tools such as JIRA.
- Experience leading and coordinating multiple teams in a fast-paced, complex technology environment.
- Ability to work in/with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Broad range of program/project management and leadership skills required.
- Proven ability to balance multiple, concurrent/parallel activities.
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development in an Agile delivery environment.
- Experience of software development processes and code management tools and processes.
- Ability to conduct in-depth triage, troubleshooting, and forensics across all facets of the cloud stack while executing process corrective action and continual service improvement.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic 365 SCM
Required Education, Experience, and Clearance:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. is required.
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- 2-3 years of experience in implementing Microsoft Dynamic 365 SCM.
- Ability to obtain a VA Position of Public Trust – Medium Background Investigation (MBI).
- Testing experience
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud, Azure cloud, and Redshift, Glue, Oracle RDS and S3 knowledge and experience
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.