Job ID: 2312807
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 18, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an RF Satellite Payload Engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support the NRO Commercial System Program Office (CSPO). Qualified candidates must possess demonstrated RF satellite experience and be able to provide technical and programmatic insight on the wide variety of satellite capabilities & activities. The successful candidate will work both independently and in a team-based environment.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· BS in Engineering, Physics, or similar technical discipline with 14 years experience; Masters and 12 years experience; PhD and 9 years experience
· Experience working on RF remote sensing space systems and have a solid understanding of RF collection first principles.
· Have strong familiarity with RF remote sensing system functionality and performance measures.
· Be familiar with RF geolocation products, pre-D data, product data structures, and quality figures of merit.
· RF satellite acquisition experience, specifically writing and evaluating requirements, and assessing development contractor performance.
· Ability to contribute to modeling and simulation (M&S) campaigns and assess simulation results.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· MS in Engineering, Physics, or similar technical discipline
· 3 or more years experience working with RF geolocation product types, pre-D data, product data structures, and quality figures of merit.
· 7 or more years of RF satellite acquisition experience, specifically writing and evaluating requirements, and assessing development contractor performance.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.