SAIC is seeking an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to support the Army Program Management Office Aircraft Survivability Equipment (PMO ASE) in Huntsville, AL. The selected candidate will provide Cybersecurity and Cyber Systems expertise supporting Mission Support and Mission Systems from Assess Only to full Assess & Authorize packages. The ISSO will have a customer centric approach and provide all levels of support for the user base community.
- Provide Cyber support to local USG Product Office and Information System Security Manger (ISSM)
- Interact and collaborate with Defense Industrial Base ISSOs/ISSMs and Technical teams at various organizational levels.
- Serve as an appointed system ISSO in eMASS authorization packages, documentation, and continuous monitoring practices.
- Generate and maintain system documentation such as RMF Artifacts, Policies and SOPs.
- Conduct and/or participate in Technical/Cyber meetings with organizational team members.
- Conduct security control and risk assessment efforts on USG products in accordance with DoD, Army, and RMF Step 4 guidance.
- Spearhead the integration of established Cyber policies and methodologies in a highly technical environment.
- Conduct, configure, and manage system vulnerability scans and remediation to meet Army, DISA, and DoD compliance requirements.
- Perform security log reviews utilizing tools such as SCAP, ACAS, HBSS, and others.
- Utilize or have familiarity with security oriented tools such as HBSS, ACAS, and SIEMs (Splunk, OxBow, etc.) to provide reporting on compliance and patching levels.
- Validate customer deliveries that assess, maintain, and continuously monitor the integrity and security of servers, computers, and network devices.
- Utilize and apply strong understanding of Cyber Security systems and practices such as DISA STIG implementation, the Risk Management Framework process, and system hardening methodology.
- Interface with end users by providing guidance on security based requirements and assisting with continuous monitoring tasks.
- Respond to security events and coordinate efforts to remediate any vulnerabilities or breaches that may have occurred as a result.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Bachelors degree and two (2) years or more experience; four (4) additional years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must be able to obtain an Interim Secret Clearance prior to employment; must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance to maintain employment.
- Have and maintain at minimum a DoD 8140 Cybersecurity Certification (Security+ CE).
- Experience using or validating monitoring tools such as HBSS, ACAS, SIEMs, and others
- Strong working knowledge of Cyber Security practices/procedures (DISA STIGs, RMF, eMASS, HBSS)
- Ability to work with the customer in a team environment
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Desired experience working in special access programs
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.