SAIC has an immediate opening for a Senior Policy Analyst working to support the Headquarters Air Force Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategic Deterrence and Nuclear Integration, Office of Strategy, Planning and Policy (AF/A10P), International Treaties and Agreements Branch (AF/A10PI). Work will be performed onsite at Joint Base Langley-Eustis in Hampton, VA.
- Provide liaison support between (AF/A10PI) and Headquarters (HQ) Air Combat Command (ACC) A10
- Provide subject matter expertise on policy and implementation and compliance activities for arms control treaties and international agreements impacting Air Force equities
- Provide analysis, recommendations, and support for AF positions during deliberations of planned or on-going AF programs, plans, and operations in multiple DoD, USG, and international fora including: DoD Treaty Compliance Review Groups (CRGs); DoD Treaty Implementation Working Groups (IWGs); Interagency Backstopping meetings; and International Treaty Consultative Commissions/Groups
- Support preparation of annual programming and budgeting submissions, which support ACC’s treaty implementation and compliance activity
- Support ongoing treaty inspection planning and implementation in the ACC area of responsibility (AOR). This includes scheduling and managing annual exercise events, assisting assigned MAJCOM and units with preparing for treaty implementation and on-site inspections, and supporting the USAF site assistance teams with direct assistance during exercises and inspections and by updating and consolidating changes to HAF and MAJCOM instructions, guidance and inspection support documents
- Work with Program Executive Offices (PEOs) and System Program Offices (SPOs) to review and track acquisition programs to ensure compliance with in-force treaties and agreements and to ensure the provisions of treaties and agreements under discussion are correlated to AF acquisition program documents
- Draft issue papers, reports, meeting minutes, briefings, presentations, and other documents, as required
- Provide logistical support for MAJCOM-sponsored conferences, workshops, and other events, as required
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and ten (10) or more years of related experience; Master’s Degree and eight (8) years of related experience
- Top Secret clearance required to start; Ability to obtain a TS/SCI required to maintain employment
- US citizenship required
- Knowledge of the organization and functions of the Department of Defense
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel, including OCONUS
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Demonstrated superior research, analytic, and writing skills
- Active Top Secret clearance, with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI
- Understanding of Air Force processes
- Knowledge of arms control treaties and agreements (New START, Chemical Weapons Convention, Conventional Forces in Europe, Vienna Document and related areas)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.