SAIC is seeking a VoIP Support Agent to assist the USDA in a fully remote capacity. This person will perform day to day operational IT functions in support of a 24x7 operations group responsible for the customer-facing aspects of Network, with emphasis on VOIP and Application/Server Infrastructure support to process Incidents, Change Requests, proactive monitoring, and customer communications.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Managing real time critical events, Incident Management of high severity incidents
- Outage managementInitiate bridge calls, drive communication and teams to ensure uptime of infrastructure remains within Service Levels
- Coordinate with multiple teams to get the issue resolved within SLA
- Monitor technical bridges associated with outages Run internal communication calls ensuring Senior and Executive Leadership teams are fully informed of issues at hand
- Send initial internal notifications to necessary distributions and ensure follow up communications are sent on a timely basis
- Provide end to end ownership of handling of outages ensuring issues are being escalated accordingly and all necessary resources are involved Ensure the Infrastructure Operations Center (IOC) staff is providing customers with status updates associated with our customer agreements
- Partner with service management to develop and implement programs that lead to improvements in handling of critical events
- Document all items associated with customer impacting outages, with ability to provide detailed timelines as to events and areas for improvements
- Participate in outage debrief sessions
- Provide feedback to the customer and process teams to ensure continuous process improvements
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required
- Understand and have previous experience with VOIP (Voice over IP /CISCO UCS) Strong understanding of "Voice over IP troubleshooting and engineering requirements
- Previous experience in an enterprise, IT or service provider environment supporting Network and Hosting technologies
- Previous experience in either Incident Management, Service Management, Service Delivery, or had a role with either direct customer account management or implementing ITIL based methodologies
- Ability to multi task and delegate as needed
- Attention to detail is a MUST
- Ability to lead teams with confidence and accuracy
- Coordination and communication skills in order to work with other technology and business partners during high stress situations
- Educated decision making skills desired
- Minimum of ITIL v3/v2011 Foundation certification required
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Previous experience within project management, crisis management, and major incident management
- Ability to exude confidence when escalating and speaking to Senior and Executive Leadership
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and two (2) years' work experience in a related field, three (3) years' preferred
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.