SAIC is seeking a Windows Server Administrator to support Naval Surface Warfare Center Philadelphia Division with Windows Server Admin and Desktop Support Teams to perform break/fix and resolve technical issues with workstations and servers on the RDT&E network.
Work is performed in Philadelphia, PA.
This position is contingent upon contract award in Feb/March 2024.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting efforts associated with Windows Server Administration.
- Assist in the deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting efforts to migrate all workstations to Windows 10 Secure Host Baseline (SHB).
- Install hardware and software in workstations and servers as required to ensure their continued availability RDT&E network, and perform basic client side network troubleshooting.
- Installation of security patches on servers, remediation of vulnerabilities and reporting of patch compliance. Advise on security patches and remediation.
- Administer and maintain endpoint solutions on supported RDT&E networks. Develop, maintain, and deploy automated Windows 2016/2019 Servers. Assist with Windows server migration.
- Provide customer support Help Desk for all network users in Philadelphia and 150+ users in remote sites.
- Eight (8) years or more experience
- Seven (7) years’ experience administering a Microsoft Windows domain Active Directory environment
- Should have extensive knowledge of and experience with installation, configuration, and integration, backups, troubleshooting and problem resolution for servers associated with an Active Directory environment.
- Experience should demonstrate familiarity with Active Directory environments and Two Factor authentication for authorized system access, as well as demonstrate familiarity with application and system transfer procedures to other DoD-approved hosting facilities such as DISA Computing Services Directorate (CSD) or SPAWAR System Center (SSC) Pacific (PAC) Data Center (DC).
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in computer science, information technology, or an equivalent technical degree from an accredited college or university.
- Certification(s) Needed: IAT Level 3 (CASP+CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH)
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.