Job ID: 2312623
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
Job Description: Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
NSS has an opening for a senior systems engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) services to an IC customer. The customer organization we support provides the enterprise architecting, analysis, and systems engineering solutions that determine the current and future national space systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identifying and defining future space capability needs
- Assessing the performance of current and future concepts
- Develop Concept of Operations (CONOP) for new capabilities and coordinate them across the affected organizations
- Assist in the development of system level, functional level and interface requirements
- Manage the Request for Change (RFC) process as it relates to baselining and maintaining requirements
- Supporting Enterprise and System requirements reviews and processes
- Preparing briefings for senior decision makers, brief government and industry as required
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with at least 14 years of relevant experience
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Proven experience in core systems engineering and analysis disciplines and processes
- Proven experience with systems engineering documentation to include CONOPs, interface control documents, and verification and test
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline
- Working knowledge of the RFC process and the Engineering Review Board process
- Systems Tool Kit (STK) certification
- Experience in systems modeling/tool methodologies (e.g., Rhapsody, Unified Architecture Frameworks, and SysML applications)
- Prior US military and/or IC customer experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.