SAIC is seeking a Tactical Operations and Air/Weapons Specialist in support of The Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) Systems Engineering Department (SED).
This effort includes tasking to perform systems engineering, acquisition engineering leadership, and technical analysis in support of Naval Aviation and Weapons Program technical baseline development via systems engineering technical domain efforts in the areas of Research and development (R&D), integration, testing, production, deployment, and sustainment. This includes direct systems engineering support on specialized systems engineering technical domains throughout the full lifecycle of a weapon system from concept development to disposal and is applied to all Naval Aircraft (Tactical, Vertical Lift, Maritime, UAVs, Targets, and advanced weapons), Foreign Military Sales (FMS), and support systems.
Work will be performed at in and near Pax River MD, as well various sites throughout the US. Will be eligible for remote/teleworking flexibility.
Position is contingent upon award and funding, expected in Spring 2024.
Description and Job Duties:
- Applies Subject Matter Expertise from experience as an Officer military specialist to identify, define, and document technical data for weaponeer Ing, NATOPS, and NTRP (NATIP) products for Naval tactical aircraft and associated weapons systems.
- Provides analysis of operational suitability of naval aviation platforms, weapons, sensors and systems.
- Develops, prepares, and manages material required for the operator to employ or maintain safely and effectively the aircraft and its weapon systems.
- Requires the ability to develop and present Naval Aviation Missions and Capabilities (NAMC) training seminar material to DoD personnel.
- Applies analytic expertise to support technical exchanges, briefings, and workshops in support of recommended tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- Provides subject matter expertise for specific aircraft/weapon systems and subsystems to include operational procedures, installation and maintenance, failure analysis, and technical support related to aircraft avionics, airframe, weapons, navigation, fire control and other aircraft systems.
- Provides advanced technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environments, detailed functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, training, troubleshooting, and implementation advice on specific areas that require expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
- Reviews technical problems; provides solutions for software, hardware and systems; and troubleshoots operating anomalies using data review methodologies and/or automated evaluation programs.
- May also analyze data and solve problems; communicate with peers, subordinates and senior management; and identifies objects, actions and events affecting organizational operations; provide project execution, business and technical operations, strategic initiatives, workforce development, business improvement, or as required to support exceptionally complex technical and organizational tasks.
Required Education, Clearance, Experience:
- US Citizenship is required.
- Minimum of Secret Security clearance.
- Eight (8 years) of experience & a Business, Management, Technical or Scientific BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university, additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree
- (8) years of recent and relevant professional experience with aircraft tactical systems employment
- Experience with other TMS/Weapons may include but not limited to: TACAIR, Rotary, other Fixed Wing, NEW JSOW, Harpoon, LRASM, MALD, SDBII, and JASSM
Additional Required Qualifications:
- An O-3 or higher
- A graduate of a Navy Weapons School (e.g., TOPGUN), OR Test Pilot School (TPS), OR Marine
Aviation Weapons Training Squadron-1 (MAWTS-1)
- A Weapons Tactics Instructor (WTI) with at least one of the following:
- Navy Pilot or Naval Flight Officer (NFO) with at least 700 flight hours;
- Electronic Warfare Officer (EWO);
- Tactics Officer (TACCO);
- Head of a Fleet Replacement Squadron (FRS);
- Weapon Systems Officer (WSO); or
- other related military occupational specialist
- May require qualification as contract flight crewmember IAW OPNAVINST 3710.7.
Looking to change roles sooner than later? NAVAIR roles currently hiring in Southern MD: jobs.saic.com/paxriverem
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.