Job ID: 2312542
Location: SCOTT AFB, IL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Database Admin
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
The National Security Customer Group of SAIC is seeking a Database Administrator to support an IT Service Management effort for USTRANSCOM located at Scott Air Force Base (AFB) in Illinois. The USTC Managed Information Technology Services (MITS) contract is intended to provide strategic, technical, and program management guidance and support services to facilitate the operations and modernization of the combatant command’s infrastructure, systems, and applications. This support will be provided to the USTC Command, Control, Communications & Cyber Systems Directorate (TCJ6).
The successful candidate will provide life-cycle support for database environment to include database administration, maintenance, and optimization support for office information business applications.
· Responsible for the design, installation, configuration, and day-to-day troubleshooting and performance monitoring of Database Management Systems (DBMS) and databases.
· Ensure database administration support satisfies or exceeds established SLA and OLA agreements with the customer.
· Responsible for administration of Enterprise-wide Oracle Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
· Evaluate the existing Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and any other identified software to determine its ability to continue to support customer requirements and provide recommendations.
· Work closely with the Tier III (Engineering support) to document a strategy, develop a plan, and implement and maintain a more robust database-managed environment, in line with industry best practices.
· Provide technical problem solving for customer computer support of database applications, troubleshoot issues with existing or developed systems; work with the appropriate resources to resolve them.
· Develop database interfaces to other agency databases.
· Monitor and tune the database environment on a regular basis to identify bottlenecks, capacity issues, operating system, and database software-configuration issues, and remedy them.
· Implement all relevant security patches and other directed security measures for Database Management systems (DBMSs).
· Research and resolve security issues.
· Utilize SQL, and programming languages such as HTML and XML other shell scripting to create and modify database structures, and automate processes.
· Support testing of database applications to ensure functionality.
· Develop, implement, and periodically test backup, recovery, and restoration plans for databases.
· Ensure data replication between different sites (primary and alternate) is kept current and meets documented service levels.
· Responsible for keeping DBMS releases of the production and alternate site systems in sync and ready for operations.
· Back-up systems, application software, Web content, and databases on a continuing basis and maintain off-site storage at a Government facility.
· Maintain system documentation per Change and Configuration Management policy and procedures
· Provide recurring and adhoc reporting of database management systems status and other reports.
This position is for Monday through Friday, normal business hours. However, employee may be required to provide after-hours and weekend support during planned or emergency events.
BA/BS and 5 years of experience or 9 years of experience in lieu of degree
· Ten (10) years or more experience
· DoD Secret clearance
· Must have at least one of these IAT Level II certifications: Security+, CECCNA-Security, CySA+ **, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP
· Must have at least one Computing Environment (CE) certification or certificate for the technical area of responsibility for Application (e.g., database, backup, automation, webserver, network, proxy, firewall) with a preference in Oracle database.
· Fluency in SQL
· Proficient in Oracle database architecture
· Oracle database administration experience
· Experience with Windows operating systems
· Analytical skills
· Experience with MS Office to include Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel
· Ability to manage multiple, high, & competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
· Self- starter and problem solver
· Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
· Ability to communicate database, IT, networking, and security concepts to personnel at all levels of experience and responsibility
· Experience creating and maintaining technical documentation.
Must be US CItizen
· DoD TS/SCI clearance
· ITIL Foundations (v3 or higher) certification
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.