Job ID: 2312508
Location: SCOTT AFB, IL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 9, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: IT Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
The National Security Customer Group of SAIC is seeking a Help Desk Service Specialist to support an IT Service Desk effort for USTRANSCOM located at Scott Air Force Base (AFB) in Illinois. The USTC Managed Information Technology Services (MITS) contract is intended to provide strategic, technical, and program management guidance and support services to facilitate the operations and modernization of the combatant command’s infrastructure, systems, and applications. This support will be provided to the USTC Command, Control, Communications & Cyber Systems Directorate (TCJ6).
The successful candidate will join the Service Desk team assisting the users experiencing a service disruption or requesting a service and/or a service change. The Service Desk will document and facilitate service requests and restore normal service to the user IAW priority level response times.
· Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems.
· Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
· Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
· May be involved in customer installation and training.
· Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
· Generally interacts directly with the customer/user when the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature, such as with systems level software where the user has a technical background.
· Additionally, may interact with product support personnel and potentially the customer when the customers problem cannot be resolved directly by first-level resources.
This position is for Monday through Friday, normal business hours. However, employee may be required to provide after-hours and weekend support during planned or emergency events.
· Bachelors and 2 years of experience or 6 years of experience in lieu of degree
· Four (4) or more years of experience
· DoD Secret clearance
· Must have at least one of these IAT Level II certifications: Security+, CECCNA-Security, CySA+ **, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP
· Must have at least one Computing Environment (CE) certification or certificate for the technical area of responsibility in either Network support/defense (e.g., Splunk, Cisco, McAfee, etc.) OR Operating System (e.g., Microsoft, Linux, Solaris, etc.)
· Experience researching and writing documentation and examples for technical personnel
· Experience with MS Office to include Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
· Ability to manage multiple, high, & competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
· Strong oral and written communication skills across all levels
· Self- starter and problem solver
· Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
· DoD TS/SCI clearance
· ITIL Foundations (v3 or higher) certification
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.