Job ID: 2312418
Location: SANTA ANA, CA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 15, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
Network Design Engineer
Provide Network support for a large enterprise network supporting the OC Sheriff Department. Manage major
application. site move and build projects in coordination with the OCSD IT team. Manage and support the firewall
and security appliances as well as the creation of security related reports, setting of network monitor thresholds and
general oversight of the network health. Deploy and support Cisco Legacy as well SDN technologies such as SDA,
SDWAN and ACI. Respond to operational requests day to day and act as the escalation point for incident resolution.
Working closely with the OCSD management team, review new technologies and standards and assist with the
development of SOP's, runbooks and other Operational resources for their team.
This Role Performs:
· Design review, analysis, planning, modification and maintenance of the network and security components, including network monitoring systems, in support of critical network projects
· Configuration of equipment in support of the project requirements
· Installation and implementation of network equipment in IDF’s and MDF’s at the project site
· Test network and security systems to ensure they are operating as designed per project requirements
· Evaluation of new network and security technology
· Manage the Cisco network and design/implement new projects in support of the datacenter, WAN, LAN and internet connectivity
· Mentor junior network engineer
· Monitor and resolve network incidents on a 24X7 basis
· The position maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and security hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, firewalls and gateways
· Strong experience with Cisco Systems network, security and datacenter products
· Strong experience with OSPF, BGP, IGP, MP-BGP and other routing protocols.
· Strong experience with Software Defined networking such as SDA, SDWAN and ACI
· Experience designing and deploying wireless technologies
· Experience managing large site build and move projects
· Strong background with Service and Change Management
· Ability to present very complex technical concepts in understandable language
· Experience creating and presenting project plans and designs
· Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree and 9+ years of relevant experience
· Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) and/or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
· Experience with large enterprise network and security design
Applicants selected will be subject to the OC Sheriff Department background check process as well as basic live scan background checks for SAIC
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.