SAIC is seeking a Property Administrator/Inventory Manager Property Manager to support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency’s (DTRA) Defense Nuclear Weapons School (DNWS) on Kirtland Air Force Base, NM in property management, acquisition, receiving, identification, records, movement, storage, inventories, reports, consumption, utilization, maintenance, subcontractor control, disposition, and closeout. This position requires a working knowledge of funding and logistics management to include procurement, production, maintenance, supply, transportation, training, facilities operation, protocol and management information systems, as well as demonstrated knowledge of formal equipment accountability procedures, preventative maintenance systems, and standardized supply regulations/policies/procedures/instructions.
Primary Duties Include:
- Assisting the Government Property Administrator and signing for DNWS inventory as necessary.
- Providing inventory management for all assigned DNWS equipment utilizing the Defense Property.
- Accountability System (DPAS).
- Providing logistical support to including shipping and receiving equipment, instructional materials supporting DNWS Mission.
- Managing all DNWS test equipment, to include ensuring all test equipment is properly calibrated, working with other Departments in DTRA and Government and contractor repair facilities as necessary.
- Supporting the Government facility manager for DTRA Defense Nuclear Weapons School (NE-DS), submitting and tracking work orders in the NexGen system, and making minor repairs inside the DNWS facility.
- Supporting the Government Vehicle Control Officer (VCO), to include scheduling and tracking usage of all DNWS vehicles, and scheduling maintenance for all vehicles assigned to the DNWS.
- Effectively providing supply operations support pertaining to specialized or unique supplies, equipment, and parts.
- Assisting the government with tracking and managing Government Purchase Card (GPC) purchases.
- Developing solutions to a variety of problems moderate in scope and complexity. May refer to policies, procedures and practices.
- Interacting with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Physical demands include bending, sitting, standing, and moving for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry, and move equipment such as training aids and Protector Cases/Road Cases.
- Administers company policies that directly affect employees and recommend changes to team policies.
- Transporting or moving equipment in preparation for training courses. Must possess a valid state driver’s license and be trained on the vehicle (non-passenger vehicles) prior to use. Vehicles may include Passenger vans (up to 15 passenger), Sedans and SUVs, Extended cab and regular cab pick-up trucks (long and short bed), Pick-up trucks towing trailers of up to 30 feet in length, Stake trucks & Panel Trucks, and Forklifts (up to 25K).
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more of related experience.
- Complete understanding and wide application of principles, concepts, industry practices, and standards.
- Experience with the Government Purchase Card Program.
- Possess excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to brief staff and DNWS leadership, and liaise with external agencies and stakeholders.
- Experience in the Nuclear Enterprise a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office as well as industry and government software systems
- Knowledge of FAR parts 45 and 52.245.1 (Government Property)
- Experience managing government property for a DoD entity
- Database experience with Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS) or equivalent
- Experience with the NexGen facility management system, or equivalent
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.