Job ID: 2312381
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 7, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer with experience in Space and Ground communications systems to join our Chantilly, VA team. The candidate will provide Systems Engineering technical advisory support to a Government program office. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Poly to start.
Day to day responsibilities:
Perform Systems Engineering activities related to Systems Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, validation and verification, systems integration, system performance analysis.
- Provides requirements systems engineering support to Government Program Office Chief Engineer in planning, developing, and monitoring program requirements in the procurement of new systems and services.
- Develop Systems Engineering (SE) work products, including: System Specifications, Logically Derived and Linked Requirements, Architecture Descriptions, Interface Definitions, System Diagrams, Trade Studies, etc. utilizing Model Base Systems Engineering (MBSE) or similar tools and techniques.
- Perform system integration across multiple space and grounds segments
- Support capability and solution definition for future systems through various system readiness events and independent review teams
- Support space, ground and enterprise teams developing architecture and requirement baselines, establishing, and assessing mission capabilities, assessing system and segment schedule and risks, supporting test and verification strategy and system integration of new systems and segments in support of expanded space and ground capabilities.
- Lead and participate in project teams and support system and mission strategy development across the various program office groups.
- Provide daily interaction with the customer and supporting contractors and will follow customer standards and processes as the program matures through the life cycle.
- Interact with the contractor for the space segment and help the customer manage the contractor to deliver the required functionality and performance.
- Develop technical requirements and prepare System Requirements Specification (SysRS)/ Technical Requirements Document (TRD) for system acquisitions
- Prepare program requirements related documentation: Use Cases, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), and System Interface Document
- Conduct requirements functional analysis and allocation
-- Perform requirements traceability from user requirements through contract SysRS
-- Witness end item factory and site testing for customer acceptance
-- Generate Measure of Effectiveness (MOE), Measure of Performance (MOP) for new program acquisitions
-- Perform trade studies as directed by Government customer
-- Analyze Contractor proposed architectures and conceptual designs
- Recommend engineering specifications and standards be placed as program compliance or reference documents in Government procurement contract
- Serve as advisor for technical evaluation of Contractor proposals
- Participate as part of Government Program Office Team reviewing Contractor formal reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, TRR)
- Conduct risk and opportunity management
- Requires broad systems engineering experience (e.g. system architecture and design, systems documentation, system requirements, CONOPS, systems verification).
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Associates and sixteen (16) years or more; Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- Experience in Requirements Traceability Tools (developing logically derived and linked requirements)
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to independently work through all stages of tasking
- BS in engineering or technical field.
- Must have TS/SCI with Poly clearance.
-Experience with Spacecraft, ground terminals, antennas, or other space/ground systems
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.