SAIC is seeking a Network Engineer Senior to support the Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific in San Diego, CA.
- Provide engineering expertise to support, maintain, develop, and test existing and new communications systems for NIWC PAC.
- Provide network-engineering expertise for the development of communications systems.
- Support the analysis and engineering of system architecture, analysis and design of interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system and operational performance analysis, requirements, and network engineering of the implemented networks.
- Provide a high level of network engineering expertise in the research of components, development, functional analysis, scheduling, and recommendations to the customer.
- Support network troubleshooting and building networks from design documents.
- Create and maintain network documentation, including layer 2, layer 3, and routing overview diagrams.
- Provide system administration, cyber-security, and testing support to the system administrator.
- Maintain and document lab systems, provide support for testing, and provide status of progress to the customer.
- Support maintenance and development of virtualized and physical environments including Microsoft and VMware and possess strong problem-solving skills and the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience; Preferred degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or similar degree; additional years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Current CCNA.
- Current Security+.
- Hands-on operational experience with enterprise scale networks.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving network issues
- Experience with monitoring, alerting, management, and control tools.
- Experience navigating and understanding network topologies, creating, and updating network documentation.
- Experience translating network design documents into operational networks.
- Ability to understand switched and routed network designs including firewall configurations and integration.
- Experience with system backup and restore.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Candidate must currently possess an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Experience with DoD accreditation processes: DIACAP and RMF.
- VMWare Certified Professional.
- Experience with Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) checks.
- Experience with network compliance using NETSEC directives (IAVA, IAVM)
- Excellent Communications Skills.
- Ability to establish and document equipment configurations in support of operational requirements.
- Strong computer and networking skills and a working knowledge of current applicable military and commercial standards and specifications.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Visio, Project, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Word).
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.