Job ID: 2312125
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2023
Subcategory: Technical Writer/Ed
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an Editorial and Operational DoD Issuances Analyst. Candidates located within the Virginia, Maryland and District of Columbia areas preferred. This position is at the Pentagon and allows for some remote work. This position will support the Organizational and Management Policy Directorate (O&MPD) within the Office of the Director of Administration and Management (ODA&M)/Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD).
Specifically, this position supports the Directorate’s leadership as the DA&M Primary Issuance Focal Point, providing editorial, analytic, and operational support in accordance with the DoD Issuances Program.
· Bachelors Degree required.
· Master’s degree preferred.
· Must currently hold an Interim Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance
· 8 years of relevant experience
· Knowledge and understanding of the DoD 5110.04-M, “DoD Manual for Written Material” Volumes 1 and 2, DoD Instruction (DoDI) 5025.01, "DoD Issuances Program," “Processing ODA&M Issuances”, and associated forms used throughout the ODA&M issuance process.
· Experience working on DoD issuances, including creating a new issuance, reissuing an existing one, or changing or cancelling an issuance.
· Familiarity with the five stages and the associated substages of the issuance process
· Knowledge of the current DoD functions and organization, including working knowledge of applicable issuances, among them are:
· DoDD 5105.53, “Director of Administration and Management”
· DoDD 5100.01, “Functions of the Department of Defense and Its Major Components”
· DoDD 5101.1, “DoD Executive Agent”
· DoDD 5105.79, “DoD Senior Governance Councils”
· Completion of relevant WHS Directives Division training classes: 1) DoD Issuances Process Class and 2) Writing DoD Issuances Class prior to date of hire or within one month of hire.
· Comfort with communicating clearly with senior officials and senior staff.
· Commitment to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.