SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance.
We are seeking an experienced Facilities Engineer to provide senior strategic facility planning expertise to assist in the structured development, assessment, integration, programming, budgeting, action assignment, tracking, and execution of tasks as part of a fast-paced, dynamic team supporting national security objectives in developing the Fort Belvoir North Area (FBNA) Joint-Program Management Office. Candidate must show experience working in a fast-paced environment that involves balancing competing requirements. Candidate must be capable of establishing and maintaining working relationships with multiple partners and stakeholders to foster a mutually supportive work environment.
A successful candidate in this position will demonstrate a deep understanding of building or facility plans, designs, configuration, and equipment maintenance. In addition to your understanding of DoD engineering procedures and policies, your ability to problem-solve and provide critical thinking skills in a program or project management setting will be in high demand. You will be busy developing and implementing various engineering plans, specifications, cost estimates and designs for operations, maintenance and support requirement to maintain client facilities.
- Maintain the FBNA Campus Coordination Matrix or other coordination planning documentation between partners.
- Maintain the overall strategic vision of the FBNA Campus and the analyses required to ensure all budgeting, manning, planning, programming and other considerations are accounted for and captured in J-PMO documentation.
- With government oversight, identify and prioritize the coordination elements between FBNA Campus partners that may be assessed as measured for increased efficiencies.
- Be able to rapidly identify and communicate any issues, from the FBNA Campus development, that pose a risk to client’s current and future operations.
- Coordinate with client, partner(s), local, state and federal government and Fort Belvoir on topics that will affect those stakeholders.
- Provide rationale and impact assessments with any recommendations that could impact cost or schedule for planned or ongoing work
- Consult with other subject matter experts on FBNA or across the partners on sensitive or complex issues that lack precedents in the context of the FBNA Campus.
- Assist in developing and implementing FBNA Campus operational requirements in your area of expertise to effectively support the client and any partner requirements
- Assist in developing budget requirements and schedules for any work that is needed to support the FBNA Campus development and operation.
- Maintain initiatives that support studies and planning for the future Campus to include resilience and sustainability.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance. Must be able to pass polygraph after hire.
- Over 12 years of demonstrated experience in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or engineering experience related to facilities engineering and operations.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in one of the 50 states or a US Territory
- Masters in Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), Uptime Institute Data Center, ASHRAE and NEC standards.
- Knowledge of building electrical and HVAC systems.
- Demonstrated experience navigating ambiguity and proposing innovative solutions to technical issues.
- Customer Service experience in federal and or intelligence community.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.