Job ID: 2312098
Location: FORT BELVOIR, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 30, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a GEOINT Flight Engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory services in Fort Belvoir, VA, Chantilly, VA or Las Cruces, NM. This position plays a role in helping the government integrate satellites into an operational baseline. This professional will be involved throughout the development lifecycle by analyzing and developing concepts of operations, requirements, participating in design reviews, analyzing test results during verification and validation, coordinating with satellite operators to ensure validity of operational processes and procedures, through vehicle launch and initialization. Travel expected approximately every 2-months. Responsibilities:
· Assist government oversee satellite integration and associated readiness activities.
· Assess integration activities in the context of cross-systems dependencies (technical, resource, and schedule) and present unbiased findings, analysis, and recommendations to the government managers.
· Participate in project or system reviews, milestones, and/or decision gates; represent the government’s interests with other stakeholders.
· Support government requests for systems engineering and integration studies, process analysis and design, project management assessments, etc. with a focus on process and resource efficiencies. He/she will deliver their analysis and present recommendations for implementation.
· Support the development or assessment of system Concept of Operations, Requirements Documents, Test Plans, Contract Statements of Work, Systems Engineering Plans, as well as contribute to the “staff work” requirements for the government (e.g. action items, weekly reports, etc.) to include support to government acquisitions and source selections.
· Collaborate with government personnel and other contractors (often across multiple sites and organizational levels) to provide unbiased analysis and recommendations on courses of actions to address risks/issues or approaches to exploit an opportunity.
· US Citizenship
· Active TS/SCI with polygraph
· Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) and nine (9) years or more experience; master’s in STEM field and seven (7) years or more experience. *STEM is a contractual requirement.
· Technical knowledge of spacecraft systems (bus, payload) and subsystems (attitude and control systems, propulsion, life support systems, etc.), ground communications and mission data processing systems, space vehicle mission planning and command and control systems.
· Knowledge of orbital mechanics and associated analytical tools.
· Real-time operations experience as a spacecraft operator or spacecraft engineer, familiar with space operations/policies.
· Experience in spacecraft and launch vehicle engineering as well as mission readiness process, control gates, and associated entry/exit criteria.
· Familiarity with GEOINT mission (ground and space) systems.
· Self-starter, proactively addresses customer requirements with no supervision; expert at defining solutions for broad, abstract topics.
· Polished communicator (written/verbal), impeccable interpersonal skills and personal judgment.
· Master at collaboration and coordination with multiple stakeholders -- consensus builder.
· Familiar with Digital Engineering/Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), Agile development, cloud technologies.
· Real-time operations experience as a spacecraft or ground systems operator.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.