SAIC is seeking a SIGINT Systems Engineer (SME) 5 to support the research & development, test and evaluation, fielding, documentation development, configuration management, software engineering and integration, training, fielding and sustainment, cybersecurity, and program management of United States Marine Corps Signals Intelligence programs for our customer site at Fort Meade in MD.
The SME provides technical expertise and support in one or more of the following areas:
- Design, development, test and integration of software systems/applications;
- Coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the development process;
- Interacting with other engineering groups to identify functional and performance requirements for application programs, assess software issues/defects, resolve problems and develop solutions;
- Performing requirements analysis and management;
- Conducting market surveys and assessing new technologies;
- Providing operational and training support for fielding of intelligence programs; and/or
- Coordinating with program stakeholders for the successful execution of software development programs.
Essential Duties of the Job:
- Ability to communicate task requirement information to client in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, as well as lead and participate in meetings and working groups.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard.
- Must be able to attend work each day, during scheduled hours, unless on travel or approved time off.
- Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (i.e. general office environment).
- Eighteen (18) years of hands-on experience with supporting signals intelligence operations to include three (3) of the following five (5) areas: Systems Requirements, Operational Requirements, Data Analysis, Test & Evaluation, and Training. Experience may be achieved simultaneously.
- Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and/or military experience with Distributed Common Ground System or Signals Intelligence systems.
- TS/SCI level Clearance required.
- Individual should have work experience and knowledge of the following technical areas:
- Providing SME and Technical Support on a wide variety of current and planned SIGINT hardware, software, and USMC Tactical SIGINT Concepts of Operation (CONOPS) and providing SME support to the supported equipment.
- Providing SIGINT and worldwide operations knowledge.
- Providing SIGINT/EW Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in coordination and collaboration with various DoD activities (e.g., NIWC Atlantic, MCSC, MCO, NSA/CSS-W, and the Fleet Marine Forces) to ensure implementation and execution of advanced SIGINT/EW capabilities to the fullest extent practicable.
- Providing technical and operational support for R&D, ad-hoc and developmental testing events, and operational employment techniques to support USMC SIGINT programs.
- Providing technical guidance to Government personnel in support of program objectives.
- Providing technical support to DoD/USMC Intelligence programs such as: system upgrade and problem reporting, training support, test support, fielding support, MAGTF deployment support, risk management and security patch support, and technical documentation development support.
- Participating in, preparing for, and conducting program reviews pertaining to Government projects/programs.
- Providing research and development (R&D) support for the delivery of prototype fielding kits, technical and engineering documentation, and/or technical data packages is preferred.
- Experience in one or more of the following technical disciplines is required:
- Software Engineering and Development
- System or Software Integration
- Test and Evaluation
- Equipment and Material Support
- Logistics Support
- Fielding and Sustainment Support
- Training Support
- Program Office Liaison Support
- Technical Documentation Development
- Program of Record Technical Support
- Intelligence Systems Operations and Maintenance
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.