Job ID: 2311899
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Sep 1, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Cloud Comp Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a Cloud Operations Team Lead to join our Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) team in Washington, DC. The Cloud Operations Team Lead's primary responsibilities include leading, supporting and mentoring the team of technical administrators responsible for the management, support, and oversight of PBGC’s cloud-based environments, including Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS). PBGC’s cloud services include Microsoft (MS) Azure PaaS/IaaS, MS Office365 SaaS, MS Dynamics 365 SaaS, Oracle Cloud PaaS and several other SaaS systems.
· Administration and support of the MS Azure PaaS/IaaS, MS Office365, Dynamics 365 SaaS environments; Administration and support of the Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AAD) and B2C
· Provide support as an Azure/Dynamics/O365 SME to other members of the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team; Drive decision making, identify alternatives, pros and cons, and make recommendations; Gather specifications and deliver solutions to the organization based on understanding of Microsoft Azure domain/technologies
· Support and maintenance of public and hybrid cloud-based applications/infrastructure, including event driven, elastically scalable, fault tolerant and other cloud architecture systems
· Identify, analyze and resolve complex public and hybrid cloud-based issues
· Develop cloud operations and maintenance policies and procedures to ensure that the team operates effectively and reliably. Oversee and assist in development of guides for users and technicians, such as Knowledgebase Articles (KBAs), Work Instructions and Design documents
· Resolve service escalations and incident management, provide direct customer support by handling service desk and platform team ticket escalations and manage the Cloud Operations Team’s ticket queue ensuring service escalations are resolved in a timely manner
· Five (5) years’ experience and proven success in cloud systems (Azure, AWS, Dynamics, etc) design, support and management within a large-scale organization
· Direct experience in Cloud platform technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Oracle Cloud, etc.
· Extensive experience in leading a team, effectively manage IT personnel and set operations and maintenance priorities
· Experience in process enhancement, developing and implementing policies and procedures for the Cloud Operations team
· Must possess strong written and verbal communicators, be able to communicate with team members, management personnel, and end users throughout the organization.
· Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to analyze, identify and direct resolution of technical, administrative and process issues
· Experience supporting and documenting build and configuration changes throughout environments
· Experience in the design, deployment, and support of large, complex systems
Clearance: Must be able to attain Public Trust
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.