SAIC is looking for a Senior RF Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA.
SAIC is looking for a Systems Engineer with Radio Frequency (RF) systems experience to support the planning, integration, testing and architecture design of RF capabilities within a portfolio of Battlespace Awareness and Information Operations (BAIO) capabilities to our DoD customer, to include Information Operations and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance.
Job Duties Include:
- Monitor RF and signal processing design and development and provide independent assessments, recommend system improvements and efficiencies.
- Review and assess design and supporting analysis.
- Perform systems engineering for surface based RF systems. Be able to evaluate design solutions and assess architecture analysis.
- Perform technical support and independent risk assessment and evaluation of program management execution, technical review execution (DoD 5000.02 framework), and systems engineering.
- Assess viability from a programmatic and technical execution perspective.
- Translate technical requirements into work packages, evaluating technical proposals, manage modeling and simulation activities, and schedule management to deliver an end product.
- Provide technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and meeting mission requirements traceability.
- Provide leadership advice on: acquisition strategies for next-generation systems; program execution issues and recommendations; strategic messaging to key operational and acquisition government, industry, and media stakeholders.
- Develop and review technical requirements, evaluating technical proposals, review and assess software engineering and algorithm development, and CONOPS development.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the government in the oversight of RF system development, testing, integration, sustainment and updates.
- Assess electromagnetic simulation models of hardware (antennas, filters, PCB layout) to design and evaluate performance
- Write and execute verification test plans, test procedures, and test reports against product requirements
- Review and assess electrical schematics and mechanical drawings for applications as they relate to reliability, maintainability and feasibility.
- Design and troubleshoot RF (such as UHF, S-Band, X, Ka, or Ku bands) test setups and associated support equipment to support execution of testing strategies
- Participate in development of new RF designs and drive optimization for manufacturability and cost
- Provides direction to design or technical staff and may lead a team of moderately experienced professional staff.
- Provide expertise for technologies, such as: software defined radios, digital signal processing, radio frequency (RF) hardware design, antenna design, waveform design, and wireless communications.
- Identify state of the art technologies to support the customer's mission through trade magazines and attendance at conferences and technology focus seminars as well as gather and develop requirements to ensure incorporation into future systems to fulfill mission.
- Facilitate cooperation between multiple levels of the customer and multiple organizations across the government on BAIO projects, facilitate communication between the contract PM and customer for the division's team, and coordinate the customer's requests amongst the team members.
- Generate and provide commentary and analysis of presentations, ICDs, SOPs, CONOPS, and contract documentation for applicability to BAIO systems.
- Analyze and study complex operational and engineering requirements and decompose them into detailed actionable system requirements, perform technical trade-off studies, and assist in developing and maintaining enterprise and system level architecture artifacts.
- Participate in technical reviews, recommending and implementing appropriate corrective action to resolve technical and non-technical issues, define external dependencies and system support requirements, and perform technical research, innovation, leading edge planning and assisting with the implementation of new tools and methods.
- Conduct independent investigations of system designs, attend program meetings and provide briefings, meting reports, lessons learned and after action reports, identify and evaluate any potential weakness, and develop action plans to resolve current or future gaps in capabilities.
Required Education & Experience:
- BS and 14+ years of experience. 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Active Secret clearance and ability to obtain a TS//SCI security clearance
- Must have understanding of the systems engineering process and applications.
- Must have experience utilizing system engineering or project management principles for requirements development.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team environment
- INCOSE systems engineering certification (CSEP or ESEP) Project Management Institute
- Prior Military experience with IO/ISR systems
- Understanding PEO C4I, NAVWAR, US Navy C-ISR systems and CONOPS
- Experience working with Model-Based Systems Engineering software tools, such as Enterprise Architect or No Magic CAMEO
- ELINT, SIGINT, COMINT, and/or MASINT collection processes, capabilities, and technical parameters
Target salary range: $165,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.