Job ID: 2311869
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: IT Sys Integration
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
The Onsite Engineering SME for OS Imaging is responsible for the development, deployment, and maintenance of Windows workstation images. This includes the use of SCCM, MDT, Task Sequences, PXE boot, vendor driver and BIOS testing, and deployments. The Imaging SME will also work with other IT teams to ensure that Windows workstations are properly configured and maintained. The Imaging SME must have experience with the following skills:
· Hands-on experience on MDT, ADK and SCCM and industry standard Imaging tools.
· Build Windows images to government compliance standards.
· Knowledge of capturing OS images, creating TS with boot WIM, PXE, Driver updates and installation.
· Create and maintain PXE boot infrastructure for Windows workstation imaging.
· Test and deploy vendor drivers and BIOS updates for Windows workstations.
· Knowledge of image building, Task Sequencing, and troubleshooting of OSD.
· Experience in SCCM application, patch, and OS Deployment.
· Ability to gather Windows 10 Image requirements from customer: considering business, functional, and technical requirements.
· Ability to review, analyze, and recommend desktop GPOs changes.
· Ability to convert existing logon script to preferences, and standard compliance rules and settings.
· Ability to review existing Logon scripts and update to optimize logon time and or to improve performance as per the business requirements.
· Ability to create image design documentations, test use cases, develop custom scripts required to build SOE.
· Ability to review test custom scripts as per the requirements.
· Ability to detect issues with the image proactively.
· Ability to troubleshoot any unforeseen issues with the image and machines being built.
· Ability to coordinate with Cyber SME for Image testing and sign off.
· Ability to deploy the signed off image to production deployment servers.
· Expertise on Windows 10 migration, user data migration and related technologies.
· Expertise on OneDrive and Office 365 Products.
· Managed Windows Servicing lifecycles and deployments
· Ability to manage transitions from beginning to go-live phase.
· Always ready to learn and upgrade as per the changing business environments and new technologies released by the vendors.
· Provide after-hours support on an on-call basis (7x24 support – Rotational)
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.
· 5+ years of experience in Windows workstation imaging.
· Experience with SCCM, MDT, and Task Sequences.
· Experience with PXE boot.
· Experience with vendor driver and BIOS testing.
· Experience with PowerShell and WMI scripting
· Experience with Intune
· Experience with Dell Command.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Experience with PowerShell scripting.
· Experience with Windows security.
· Experience with Active Directory/Azure AD
· Experience with virtualization technologies.
· Experience with cloud computing technologies.
· Ability to obtain a DOE Q security clearance. Current Top-Secret a plus. U.S. citizenship is required.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.