SAIC is looking for a Systems Engineer DOORS in San Diego, CA.
SAIC is looking for Systems Engineer (SE) with a TS/SCI clearance who would be responsible to assist with requirements management and implementation of SE functions and tasks for various Programs of Record within the Program Executive Office; Command, Control, Computers, Communications, and Intelligence (PEO C4I) and NAVWAR. Provide Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) Next Generation (DNG) related requirements management expertise that may include any of the following tasks:
- Elicit and refine customer requirements
- Capture, trace, analyze, and manage changes to information
- Control of requirements to reduce costs, increasing efficiency, and improving the quality of the programs and projects
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Ensure designs fully support requirements and are consistent with customer budget, schedule, risk profile and organizational/system constraints
- Conduct SE activities based on sound engineering practices
- Performs Systems Engineering activities including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA)
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications
- Demonstrated application of advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
- · Ability to recommend/make decisions on project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or STEM and nine (9) years or more of related experience. 4 additional years of experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Active TS/SCI
- Two (2)+ years’ experience using the Rational DOORS Next Generation (DNG) requirements management tool
- DOORS knowledge and expertise at the journeyman-level (minimum)
- Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders, government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel.
Desired Skills, Experience, Certifications:
- Understanding PEO C4I, NAVWAR, and experience with Naval Systems or Programs
- INCOSE, Agile, and/or DevSecOps Certifications
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), requirements development/validation and concept of operations formulation
- Other than DOORS requirements management tools
- Magic Draw or other System Architecture Visualization Tools
- Office applications to produce presentations, documents, and schedules
Target salary range: $145,001 - $155,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.