SAIC is seeking a Project Officer to join our team assigned to the Maneuver Battle Lab located at Fort Moore, GA.
- Development and implementation of comprehensive plans to ensure successful execution of experimentation events
- The candidate selected will serve as a project officer responsible for the design and conduct of experiments with new equipment and emerging capabilities
- Provides project management oversight during the experimentation processes including planning, preparation, execution, and documentation of experiment Executive Summaries and Final Reports
- Candidate will complete coordination with various Maneuver Center of Excellence directorates and organizations to ensure experiment objectives are synchronized and nested with the Army, AFC, FCC and MCDID Experimentation Campaign Plans
- Candidate will provide quality control over all experimentation products and deliverables associated with the experiments
- Responsible for synchronizing the experimentation calendar and lead key meetings and planning conferences to ensure unity of effort and priorities are adhered to
- Documents experimentation insights and findings on the impact of emerging technologies and capabilities relevant to tactical maneuver concepts and improved Soldier functionality
- Individual will be required to coordinate, plan, and execute experimentation projects from assignment through completion
- Candidate will develop and write an evaluation plan, prepare briefings, prepare memorandum of agreements, cost estimates, and coordinate Soldier and logistical support for the experiment
- Individual will write and staff executive summaries and final reports and ensure reports are accurate, timely, and are professionally prepared
- The candidate is responsible for the coordination, scheduling and execution of ranges, ammunition, and other logistics requirements to support experimentation
Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience; PhD or JD and five (5) years or more experience; four (4) years of experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Experienced writer with excellent communication skills
- Must be able to compose, write and conduct analysis of events that support the experimentation program
- Must have excellent computer skills and be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills and be customer oriented as well as have the ability to operate independently
- Knowledgeable with Infantry Doctrine, Operations, and weapons systems especially at Battalion and below
- Must be physically able to work in field environments, day or night, and under adverse conditions.
- Prior military experience preferred
- Candidate must have the ability to obtain a secret clearance; minimum of an interim Secret clearance required to start.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.