The Naval Business Unit, in support of the Defense and Civilian Sector, currently has a career opportunity for a Joint Training Analyst to provide training program analysis and action officer support to Commander, Third Fleet in San Diego, CA as a fleet training subject matter expert (SME).
Training SMEs are highly-skilled persons with knowledge gained over years of experience at senior levels. They promote greater information sharing for staffs and stakeholders. They provide realistic as well as reliable, consistent support and well-developed recommendations to various audiences in training and real world events. They will maintain the integrity of the training objectives, and maintain a knowledge base that is consistent with the requirements that cover the full spectrum of the listed Functional Area duties. SMEs serve as the catalyst for developing and evaluating requirements. They provide the expertise and insight to support programs and leaders at all levels, including very senior levels, civilian and military sectors. They are experienced subject matter experts in their fields of expertise.
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced training SME in Joint/Partner Nation Training task requirements. He/she will have experience with the Navy's accredited and certified Joint National Training Capability (JNTC) programs and training processes, including Fleet Synthetic Training (FST), and Composite Training Unit Exercise (COMPTUEX). In addition, he/she will have excellent public speaking, presentation, and time management skills, as well as at least 10 years of applicable Training SME experience in:
- Conducting fleet training analyses to identify gaps, training needs, and solutions
- Developing and modifying training event/exercise scenarios and curricula
- Delivering training in person and/or online
- Developing training curricula
- Managing training projects
- Designing custom training to meet Fleet and Joint/Partner Nation training objectives
Specific Functional Area duties include:
- Provide support and assist with implementing the execution of all four phases of the Joint Training System (JTS) (requirement identification, planning, execution, and assessment) for the U.S. Navy’s Joint National Training Capability (JNTC) accredited and certified joint training programs (Fleet Synthetic Training [FST], Joint Task Force Exercise [JTFEX] and Air Wing Fallon [AWF]).
- Support planning and execution of the Navy’s accreditation/certification and mitigation processes.
- Operate with the operational Fleet headquarters and training commands, where the preponderance of activity related to FST/JTFEX/AWF occurs.
- Provide support throughout CONUS and OCONUS regions in direct support of JNTC global requirements to bring joint context to all operating forces when participating in training program events.
- Work directly with a wide variety of joint, partner nation, and interagency training programs and sites in accomplishing their assigned responsibilities.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding the JTS, the continuity and experience of working in the joint environment and the integration of JS J7 resources that support the training audience.
- Design, plan, prepare, execute, analyze and record joint training events.
- Oversee the planning, preparation, execution and assessment of planned JNTC events and ensure they are in accordance with the JTS by coordinating through USFF and CPF regarding the availability of resources and the participation of Joint, Partner Nation and Interagency forces necessary to ensure the appropriate elements of joint context are available.
- Facilitate event control, ensuring elements of joint context are integrated, and facilitate joint after action reports (JAAR) and post event reporting.
- Provide overarching support for the planning and execution of Navy's JNTC A/C training programs (FST/JTFEX/AWF).
- Replicate response cell controllers (e.g., friendly, threat, and neutral) and role players (e.g., intelligence, interagency, logistics, foreign government diplomats, and information operations).
- Coordinate, validate, prioritize and synchronize Navy and joint training requirements among partner nation training requirements in bilateral and multilateral training events.
- Facilitate bilateral and multilateral after action reviews and lessons learned resultant of training and certification events.
- Provide support/participate in the joint event life cycle during the exercise development process.
- Assist the Joint Exercise Control Group (JECG) in the development of the scenario and specific storylines that ensure the commander’s training objectives are accomplished.
- Utilize the joint master events list tool to track storylines and specific events on a daily basis.
- Coordinate with designated Government POC for the allocation of responsibilities and management of the event-support simulations, administration computer systems (hardware and software), and C2 equipment.
- Develop planning guidance and implementation directives for JNTC events.
- Recommend event support systems based upon training objectives, scenario, and operational environment.
- Conduct daily operations of simulation centers including technical tasks such as connectivity checks, maintenance, start-up, operation, pause and reset, data snapshots, accelerated play, shut down and save of all computer hardware associated with the JS J7-supported simulation and C4I systems
- Assist with joint training and training transformation (T2) policy development and implementation.
- Assist in the development of policy position papers and liaise with the Joint Staff military/civilian/ contractor personnel in the advancement of naval T2.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Must be a U.S. citizen with a Bachelor of Arts or Science degree and Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain SCI eligibility.
- Active military duty experience including recent Joint training and operational experience at a major command/staff at the senior Enlisted/mid-grade officer level or higher.
- Ten (10) years of functional area (see detailed technical tasks above) general training analyst experience (14 years in lieu of degree will be considered).
- Must possess proven written and verbal communication skills at the junior management and senior executive level, and be able to act independently and manage time effectively.
- Experience in use of MS Office (e.g., PowerPoint) products.
- Must be willing to travel overseas and in CONUS up to 10 percent of the time.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Familiarity with the Optimized Fleet Response Plan (OFRP), FRTP and Fleet Training policy documents, including the Fleet Training Continuum (FTC), as well as the Maritime Operations Center (MOC) concept.
- Familiarity with the Project Budget Request (PBR) process.
- Recent experience in Pacific Joint/Partner Nation and naval exercises and exercise/event planning.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.