Job ID: 2311739
Location: REMOTE WORK, KS, United States
Date Posted: Sep 25, 2023
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Remote
Benefits: Click here
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) is seeking a highly experienced User Experience Designer to join a team that defines, plans, and leads the User Experience Architecture practice for their federal client.
As a UX Designer, you’ll provide UX Architecture strategy, Design Consultation, and UI Engineering solutions to build useful and usable digital products, and helping teams improve their design methods. The UX Designer will foster strong relationships with Development teams, earn trust with Product Owners, and be an advocate for the User in a non-traditional User Centered Design process.
· Advance the UX practice. Foster best practices through advocacy and coaching, clearly communicating method and their value to all domains.
· Consult on user-centric design knowledge, techniques, tools, methods, and expert advice.
· Contribute to the vision, product management, project management, design, development, and authorship of a Design System standardizing Visual Style, UI Components, UI Patterns, and supporting documentation.
· Creative and Technical direction of the Design System – its visual style, front-end assets, and technical build tooling.
· Research, Prototype, Build UI features of Design System.
· Mentor and coach colleagues, partners, and organizational teams on Design System usage and its mission, resources, and processes.
· Review and advise on the work of designers and developers to ensure a cohesive experience across products.
· Assist in introducing post-delivery UX field testing to understand how solutions are used and can be improved.
Bachelors and five years or more experience, Masters and three years or more experience, PhD and 0 years related experience
· Demonstrable excellence in Design Research -- generative and evaluative.
· A history of leading and delivering the processes needed to affect change.
· Strong empathetic skills, understanding how and why an interface succeeds or fails.
· Strong communication and presentational skills – visual, verbal, and written.
· Familiarity with emerging frameworks and tooling: e.g. Angular, React, Vue, Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, etc.
· Experience with non-code-based prototyping and design tools, e.g. Figma, Sketch.
· Experience with the Adobe suite of graphic design tools, e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc
· Ability to obtain a government NACI background investigation
· Computer Technology Adobe Software titles - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
· Government consulting experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.