The SAIC Proposal Development Center (PDC) has an opportunity for a cleared proposal writer with demonstrated experience producing original, compliant proposal content, who is driven to grow and highly motivated to excel in this field. Remote work is available for the right canddiate but candidate will be required to go into the office as needed.
In this role, you are part of a collaborative team, working with other writers/book bosses, solution architects, program experts, and capture teams to develop original content for federal RFx. You will apply journalistic skills to interview program personnel candidates and corporate experience POCs. SAIC PDC proposal writers work across technical, management, past performance, and resume sections of proposals, building strong relationships, and supporting diverse customer needs.
In this role you will work closely with capture teams, solution leads, and other pursuit team members to drive the success of requirements, planning, and creation of winning proposals, including proposal readiness reviews and milestone reviews. You will work with the capture teams to contribute to developing the winning proposal strategy and refining themes and discriminators. Expertise should include experience leading and producing volumes for large-scale program management, technical, transition, staffing, and FEDSIM and self-scoring procurement models. Knowledge of infrastructure modernization, logistics, operations and sustainment, applications/software development and sustainment, and agile methodologies for both defense and civilian sectors of the federal government helpful.
SAIC is dedicated to the growth and development of all contributors, offers competitive compensation, and honors work-life balance. The PDC delivers exceptional quality and high-scoring proposals in the federal government space. Each proposal is an opportunity to learn about exciting innovations and operations that sustain our government. Ability to travel to other locations desirable.
- Writes clear, persuasive, compliant, and compelling proposal sections/volumes
- Ensures accurate content that is error free and aligned to SAIC Style Guide
- Engages with Capture Manager, Proposal Manager, Lead Solution Architect and other proposal team members to develop and execute a comprehensive Content Plan
- Develops content that clearly, concisely and accurately articulates the proposed solution and win strategy to clearly map the response to the solicitation instructions and evaluation criteria
- Incorporate strengths and strategies from capture plans to incorporate into new or existing reusable content documents
- Substantively edits content to streamline prose and present in a concise manner, improve focus, sharpen structure, and reduce word count (one-voice or technical edit)
- Collaborates with subject matter experts to accurately and effectively describe solutions, methods and complex business and technical concepts
- Interviews personnel and subject matter experts to obtain substantive content for proposal inclusion for resumes, past performances, and management and technical volumes
- Develops a solid understanding of SAIC business, processes, solutions, and technology vision and clearly conveys our position to proposal contributors and stakeholders
- Leads and manages supporting writers for assigned proposal volumes
- Contributes to the development and continuous improvement of the proposal writing community regarding processes, tools, and templates
- Works with stakeholders at all levels, including senior leadership, to facilitate knowledge sharing and improve content development processes and proposal best practices
- BA or BS degree or higher (or equivalent) in Journalism, English, Business, Information Technology, or Communication Arts, or other relevant fields and 10+ years of experience, or a Masters and 8+ years of experience or a PhD or JD and 5+ years of experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 10+ years of related Federal proposal writing experience in a government contracting environment for multi-teammate, solutions-based proposals ranging in value from $100M to $1B+
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proven ability to work with/interview subject matter experts to effectively incorporate complex technical and management approaches into proposal content
- Must have a fluent understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense FAR (DFAR), DCAA, etc.) and the ability to read and interpret Government Synopsis, RFx/Solicitations
- Must have ability to be a volume lead, producing and ensuring compliance with all sections of governmental RFx, experience analyzing RFx, developing and validating annotated outlines, creating compliance matrices and content plans
- Excellent people skills, and demonstrated experience working with teams of varying sizes, technical abilities, and levels of authority with both internal corporate staff and teammates
- Must be flexible and open to changing schedules and priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed time frames, and while meeting deadlines
- Requires strong planning, organization, and communication skills
- Must be a team player, self-starter, and able to work with minimal direction to meet deadlines
- Must be available for overtime, evening, and weekend work occasionally when necessary to support proposal, review, and delivery timelines
- Must have advanced knowledge in MS Word and Excel, and working knowledge of PowerPoint and collaboration tools, such as Zoom, Teams, and SharePoint
- Demonstrated and successful experience leading proposal volumes and contributing writer teams
- Mentoring experience and willingness to mentor junior writers
- Must be a US Citizen with a TS/SCI.
- Must be able to commute or travel for onsite workshops and cleared spaces as required
- Experience with FEDSIM and self-scoring procurement models
- Knowledge of infrastructure modernization, logistics, operations and sustainment, applications/software development and sustainment, and agile methodologies for both defense and civilian sectors of the federal government helpful
- Ability to conceptualize complex graphics to communicate management and technical information in a concise manner
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.