Job ID: 2311788
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 28, 2023
Category: Business Development
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Vice President of Proposal Operations. The VP of Proposal Operations will be responsible for leading, managing and evolving SAIC’s capability to deliver winning proposals. He/she will work with leaders across the SAIC enterprise to ensure our Proposal Development Center, in conjunction with sales teams, delivers winning proposals and that Center capabilities evolve to meet strategic objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Lead the full-service team responsible for developing and producing proposals in support of SAIC’s business objectives, including proposal management, coordination, writing, editing, graphics, production, etc.
· Manage the overall proposal center capability – people, processes and tools – in order to deliver excellence in our submitted products. This includes compliance, scoring, efficiency and customer experience, etc.
· Evolve the proposal center capability to improve all elements of delivery and to enable success in new business objectives and to support new operating models.
· Lead initiatives to ensure the continued growth, development, and excellence of staff within the Center.
· Evolve standards and metrics for development and management of Center activities.
· Collaborate with line sales leaders to plan required capacity and capability needs and to build short- and long-term demand forecasts.
· Develop and manage annual financial operating plans for Center.
· Coach center staff, BD/capture and line personnel in proposal development best practices.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant field of study.
· 10+ years of experience and proven track record of success in leading a center supporting an enterprise of at least $3B annual revenue with at least $10B in annual proposal submittals supported by a team of at least 50 employees.
· Demonstrated success supporting strategic, complex captures for government technology proposals ranging in size (up to multi-billion dollar values), scope (emerging concepts and technologies), and vehicles/types (e.g., schedules, OTAs, managed services, FEDSIM, self-scoring).
· 10+ years of relevant experience working within federal, state and local and commercial domains
· 10+ years managing senior personnel and teams. Proven track record in mentoring and teaching proposal skills and applying best practices.
· Proven ability to apply organizational design/development/change management methods to transform the organization and upskill the team
· Working knowledge of Federal business acquisition process and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) as it relates to industry standard proposal development processes (e.g., Shipley).
· Position is located in the Reston, VA area.
· Occasional travel required.
Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance highly desirable. Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
• Strong demonstrated leadership abilities and experience.
• Possess ability and skills necessary to motivate at all levels of the organization. He/she will have a personal style that generates high levels of confidence and inspires teamwork and customer focus. In addition, he/she must have a style that fosters a "can-do" attitude and a sense of trust and integrity. Must demonstrate a natural tendency to treat people with respect and adherence to a high standard of strong personal integrity. Must be direct and transparent.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers, other functions, and across internal business organizations.
• Able to work well under pressure, multi-task, and deliver on multiple priorities.
• Strong executive presence and communication skills.
• Sound business judgment and strong operational acumen
• Ability to identify, attract, and retain high quality people of diverse backgrounds who bring along other high quality people to build an exceptional organization.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.