SAIC is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Tactical Data Link Engineer with a primary focus on Link 16 systems in Saudi Arabia.
- Provides technical expertise and support in the design, implementation, and maintenance of Link 16 systems, with a strong emphasis on radio and MIDS/JTRS LVT 1 and LVT 2 hardware.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration and interoperability of Link 16 systems with other tactical communication systems.
- Conducts thorough analysis and troubleshooting to identify and resolve issues related to Link 16 systems, including hardware, software, and network configurations.
- Develops and implement effective strategies for system optimization, performance improvement, and risk mitigation.
- Performs system testing and evaluation to ensure compliance with established standards, protocols, and security requirements.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to junior engineers and technical staff members on Link 16 system operations and troubleshooting techniques.
- Collaborates with JICO for certification and compliance processes, ensuring adherence to standards and guidelines.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices in the field of tactical data link engineering.
- Prepare comprehensive technical documentation, including system specifications, test plans, and operational procedures.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders, vendors, and customers to understand requirements, resolve issues, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field and 9 years of relevant experience. Additional years experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Extensive experience working with Link 16 systems, with a focus on radio and MIDS/JTRS LVT 1 and LVT 2 hardware.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Candidate will need to obtain a Secret clearance prior to start date. SAIC will sponsor qualified candidates for a secuirty clearance. Active Secret Clearance preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Link 16 network architecture, protocols, and message formats.
- Experience in resolving complex technical issues related to Link 16 systems, including hardware, software, and network configurations.
- Familiarity with JICO certification processes and standards is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in performing system testing, evaluation, and troubleshooting.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure in time-sensitive situations.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience working both independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet project deadlines.
- Relevant certifications such as CompTIA Security+, CCNA, or equivalent are a plus.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.