SAIC is currently seeking a Database Architect to join our team!
- Develop an understanding of the customer’s data environment through data profiling and statistical analyses
- Execute complex SQL queries of large Oracle table(s) efficiently. (Note: Advanced command of SQL is important – beyond just simple PROC SQL commands in SAS to include perhaps something like Toad or Oracle SQL Developer.)
- Obtain, scrub, explore, model and interpret data currently stored in Oracle databases – using SQL and other data mining tools/techniques
- Provide accuracy and biometric sample quality based on machine learning and statistical analyses
- Lead DBA for Amazon RDS/Cloud DB
- Provide Cloud DB sizing recommendations
- Provide data modeling including schemas, tables, indexing…etc
- Create/manage DDL and DML for multiple databases
- Work with DBA leads for other databases
- Support developers with recommendations
- BS Degree in a related technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, etc) and minimum 10 years of experience or equivalent
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS public trust requiring U.S. Citizenship
- Experience with developing predictive models on accuracy using large data sets for high transactional volume environment
- Experience with evaluating and measuring performance of models
- Understanding of common statistical modeling and techniques (e.g., linear regression, logistic regression, decision trees, etc.)
- Perform job responsibilities using Python or R
- Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to generate written documentation of all work performed
- Expertise in PL/SQL including optimization/permission
- Ability to be a thought-leader in the area of analytics/data science with respect to entity resolution as it pertains to the customer’s mission
- Ability to understand and analyze data models – how the data is stored in relational databases
- Ability to understand system integration aspects of integrating model input and output in transactional systems to help real time decision making
- Good understanding software application architecture and develop integration approaches for predictive models
- Prior experience in working in a mission oriented environment a plus
- Experience with statistics, modeling and machine learning techniques a plus
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively in a high energy and a very rapid dynamic environment
- Conceptual understanding of – and/or prior experiences related to – calculating FAR/FMR, FRR/FNMR, TAR, TNR and False Alarm Rate
- Conceptual understanding of – and/or prior experiences related to – data profiling, fuzzy matching, entity resolution, and signal detection theory (specifically with respect to SD theory: designing and improving upon systems that monitor, minimize, and balance false positive and false negative outcomes)
- Conceptual understanding of – and/or prior experiences related to biometric performance using ROC, DET, CMC curves, Identification and detection rate curves and so forth
- Conceptual understanding and knowledge of ISO/IEC 19795-1:2006 (or ISO/IEC NP 19795-1)
- Master’s degree Computer Science or Applied Mathematics or Computational Statistics preferred
- Agile experience
Target salary range: $165,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.